ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager - SWA Janitorial / Cabin
at ABM Industries Inc
Responsible for overseeing multiple Janitorial accounts at South West Airport. The Account Manager reports directly to the General Manager and oversees a Duty Manager, Supervisors, and a 24/7 dynamic operation. This position will interface with clients on a daily basis while ensuring personnel under their supervision are providing safe, professional, and quality service. The Account Manager is responsible for compliance with all safety, quality, regulatory, client and ABM policies and procedures. This position also oversees employee scheduling, inventory management and financial performance.
- Champion safety standards and safety goals while working closely with Safety and Quality Manager to address concerns and deficiencies.
- Prompt and concise reporting of accidents, incidents, and/or irregularities to senior management and clients.
- Act as a change agent to drive increased safety, quality, and performance KPIs.
- Provide clear direction, guidance, and support for all operational areas and shifts.
- Develop leadership into a focused and cohesive team.
- Motivate, guide, and support teams with a positive attitude.
- Maintain effective communications and develop strong working relationships with employees and clients.
- Coordinate daily briefings; organize and attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to anticipate challenges and act upon them to resolve complex issues.
- Responsible for coordinating employee hiring and training with Recruiting Manager and Training Manager.
- Monitor employee attendance and coordinate employee coaching with HR Manager.
- Conduct employee and leadership evaluations.
- Control scheduling, inventory, and expenses to ensure profitability.
- Track, compile, and issue reporting; which includes facility reporting, periodic cleaning reporting and sub-contractor performance reporting.
- Ensure clients receive accurate invoices in a timely manner.
- Follow-up on payment of all invoices.
- Ensure that payroll is prepared and transmitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for compliance with all safety, security, regulatory, and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, Clients and regulatory authorities.
- Complete special assignments as they arise.
- Ability to stay agile in a fast-paced, time-critical, and stressful working environment.
- Extensive problem solving, prioritization, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated strong people and employee-relations skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain solid business relationships and good rapport within all areas of responsibility.
- Positive, self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Ability to successfully complete all ABM and regulatory background checks and obtain Airport/TSA security clearance.
- Valid US state-issued driver's license.
- Strong computer skills in the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite.
- Three (3) or more years management experience preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of janitorial experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Previous aviation industry experience preferred.
- Spanish language skills, or ability to learn, preferred.