ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Director - Building & Energy Solutions
at ABM Industries Inc
We are searching for an experienced Sales Director to lead our growing HVAC maintenance / service sales team in our Tustin, CA branch. The mission is to continue to develop the existing sales culture, grow, and manage an existing profitable office by growing our recurring revenue base. This Sales Director will need to have the ability to see the “big picture” on how sales and operations work together to create a winning sales/service culture.
This is an incredible opportunity for a current Sales Director or top-performing Sales Manager to take their career to the next level with one of ABM's top sales teams in the country!
- Under the direction of the Branch General Director, you will lead the Project & Maintenance Sales business by executing sales strategies to achieve profitability, growth and market penetration.
- Develop and direct the service sales team in new business development by selling HVAC service agreements and negotiated project work to commercial facility building owners
- Hire and manage a dedicated service sales manager to drive service base
- Lead, hire, develop, and train a project sales team of successful outside sales representatives.
- Support and guide staff during the sales process – from start to finish.
- Manage financial sales reports, annual planning, and quarterly forecasting.
- Assist in developing the right solution/need for the client.
- Ensure the CARE process is managed effectively by the project sales team
- Work cooperatively across organizational lines in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Verbalize a strong conviction in the use of a structured sales process to the overall sales team.
- Accompany sales representatives on customer appointments to drive sales.
- Develop and maintain strong business partnerships with the purpose of gaining the client’s trust, meeting their objectives, and delivering value added services.
- Perform site surveys and pricing.
- Assist sales staff in building financial and life cycle analyses to quantify value from the customer’s perspective, and generate and deliver impactful proposals that lead to signed contracts.
- Participate in sales and industry training, and converting that training to sales results.
- Coordinate with operations in the branch location to ensure the customer’s needs are achieved.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one performance reviews with each sales member.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but additional experience in HVAC Maintenance Sales will be considered in lieu of degree
- Five (5) years proven outside sales experience within the HVAC or Facilities Solutions industry.
- Previous experience in sales management for HVAC Service and Energy Solutions industry highly desired.
- Hunter sales mentality, goal driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated record of success in selling services or other intangible business offerings.
- Self-disciplined, results driven, and accustomed to winning sales awards through consistent high performance.
- Financial acumen and experience selling business solutions to building owners or C-Level.
- Strong leadership and team building qualities required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce (or other CRM).