Advantest America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Systems Engineer
at Advantest America Corporation
Responsible for architecting, developing complex electronic test systems that are used for production test and characterization of semiconductor devices and modules. Participates in a broad range of tasks including working with the business development team to propose compelling test solutions to customers and serving as technical liaison with software and mechanical engineering teams and collaborating with manufacturing in the introduction of new products into production.
- Serves as key customer contact on contract performance and customer support for semiconductor test programs.
- In response to a customer requirement, the candidate leads a cross-functional team to develop creative, cost-competitive solutions.
- Acts the project engineer while also participating in key areas of the design.
- Interfaces with Test Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that the early pilot units meet all requirements and ship on time.
- Ensures that technical reviews occur in accordance with company processes
- Investigates emerging technologies and develops concepts for future products.
- Serves as the engineering representative in company-wide process improvement meetings.
- Supports proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
- Trains, coaches and mentors others. Works under minimal/consultative direction.
- Develops complex specifications, statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets.
- Technically manages key suppliers that are critical to project success. This includes assisting in source selection, participating in supplier design reviews, etc.
- 12 - 15+ years of experience working as a team member in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of firmware, software, mechanical and electrical engineers.
- Experience leading the above team members, rather than just working alongside these team members, is a huge plus.
- 12 - 15+ years of experience in high speed digital circuit design and RF system design, including design to cost targets and design for manufacturability.
- Knowledge of instrumentation devices, and expertise in using / integrating instrumentation equipment into larger test systems
- Experience with robotics, mechatronics and/or handlers is a plus
- Prior experience in developing semiconductor production testers (ATEs) or characterization testers or system level testers is a huge plus
- Experience capturing customer's technical requirements into technical specifications and statements of work is a plus.
- Education: BS (MS preferred) in Electrical / Computer engineering. Knowledge of software / firmware and mechanical engineering as it relates to the development of electronic test systems is a plus.