Agonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior NERC CIP Compliance Specialist
at Agonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
|Title:||Senior NERC CIP Compliance Specialist|
|Subsidiary:||Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp|
|Department:||Enterprise Risk, Compliance & Insurance|
This position is responsible for support and oversight to ensure compliance with all NERC CIP compliance requirements. This position will serve as a resource for internal guidance for the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the Company, and will work collaboratively with the SMEs on compliance-related issues.
This position is also responsible to review and assist in the coordination of operational and technical regulatory compliance processes for the Company including evaluation of compliance initiatives, review and monitoring of compliance with new and existing regulations, and the preparation of compliance related documentation. This will include the coordination of self-certifications, audit preparation, self-reports, and mitigation plans, among other activities. The successful candidate will be expected to promote an understanding of compliance responsibilities for SMEs and facilitate education, information and training in an effort to achieve and sustain compliance success and promote a culture of compliance.
- Verifying compliance with FERC, NERC, Regional Reliability Standards, and Canadian provincial criteria.
- Conduct reviews of compliance programs and documentation specifically related to NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Reliability Standards to ensure that they are complete and accurate. If gaps are identified, conduct an evaluation and/or root cause analysis to identify recommended improvements and mitigating actions. Provide training as necessary.
- Assist in the investigation, documentation and submittal of potential violations to regulatory organizations and ensure they are tracked for timely resolution and fully documented in auditable records.
- Participate in the coordination of Compliance Audits by FERC, NERC, Regional Entities, or Canadian Provincial Regulators. This responsibility includes internal and external coordination, as well as organization, review and preparation of audit workbooks and evidence. Audit preparatory work will include coordination of mock audits and coordination of external assistance for mock audits, as required.
- Maintain tracking database for required filings as well as database to assign, track and monitor compliance efforts.
- Maintain awareness of emerging utility industry compliance issues through benchmarking and participation in appropriate forums/groups. Distribute information to impacted SMEs and provide education as required.
- Assist in the planning, development, and execution of training programs designed to ensure compliance with NERC CIP Reliability Compliance program requirements.
- In conjunction with SMEs, identify risks to the reliability of the Bulk Electric System, and develop Internal Controls that will mitigate the risks as well as ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the threat and operating experience impact assessment process, with particular focus on the planned mitigation efforts resulting from the assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline and/or 5 years' equivalent experience in cyber security or related area and/or 3 years working specifically in a Critical Infrastructure Protection information security operations or consulting function.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with NERC CIP
- Must have conducted or participated in at least one NERC CIP audit.
- Strong expertise in networking, systems and application security.
- Preference given to one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Project Management Professional (PMP), SANS or other similar certifications etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of technology platforms and web-based applications; basic understanding of infrastructure control procedures and security (Networks, and Windows servers and databases); reporting and creating metrics is an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Ability and willingness to travel to perform on-site compliance audits.
- Must be able to clear a 7-year NERC criminal background check.
Additional required Soft Skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Utilize techniques for planning, organizing, directing and controlling work activities; methods and techniques for training staff; policies and procedures for evaluating and recording performance results.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually on complex work assignments.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company.â€‹ Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp