Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LVN - Urgent Care
- Job ID
Provides nursing care within licensed scope of practice.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times, to internal and external customers.
- Determines specific needs for each clinic and prepares area with appropriate supplies, equipment, etc.
- Interviews patients and/or family, reviews patients charts and progress notes to determine prior visits to the clinic, history, status of follow-up on physicians orders and definition of problems.
- Refers defined patient needs to physician.
- Instructs patient and/or family on follow-up care.
- Assists physician with procedures and treatments.
- Evaluates charts of patients who failed clinic appointments to determine urgency of follow-up care, contacts social worker when necessary and reviews with clinic staff the plan for follow-up appointments.
- Documents activities in his/her clinic (e.g. medication, immunization records, nursing care plans, etc.)
- Communicates, coordinates and consults with members of the health team while performing nursing responsibilities.
- Maintains adequate levels of medication, supplies, teaching aids for optimal patient care.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel.
- Participates in staff meetings and ongoing clinic nursing reviews.
- Provides nursing staff coverage in clinics as assigned.
- Participates in activities which promote own professional growth and development.
- Assists any and all internal or external consumers with any problems they may have in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Responsible for collecting data from "walk-in" or "phone-in" patients and follows provider orders as directed.
- Performs, observes, and records symptoms, interactions and progress of the patient and reports findings to the medical provider. Does not make independent medical or healthcare decisions.
- Assists medical providers and/or carries out medical provider’s orders by performing requested tests.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Assist with referrals as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with the completion of all calibration of medical equipment and ensuring logs are up to date.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of all back office policies and procedure
- Handles client health information at a minimum necessary to document data, access, and carry out responsibilities of the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited LVN school.
- Current LVN license issued by the State of California Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid training.
- Experience and knowledge regarding the physical, mental and social needs of the patients