Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Do you pride yourself on being extremely organized? Are you always the first one at a meeting? Are your friends and colleagues complimenting you on your proactive approach to situations?
A&M is currently seeking an Executive Assistant / Receptionist to organize and perform office procedures, as well as provide a warm and welcoming environment to visitors and employees in the Los Angeles office. The individual will be responsible for general office functions, including managing office supply and pantry needs, facility, vendor and conference room management, some event planning, creating and maintaining office procedure manuals and providing varying levels of administrative support to assigned senior management across multiple business units. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and discretion in communications, strong professional and ethical standards, the ability to manage multiple relationships both internally across the firm and externally with clients, excellent time and project management skills, and ability to understand and adapt to the client’s business needs.
- Receptionist for the office, answering all calls on the main phone line and routing to the appropriate party. Acts as point of contact for day to day office needs, including maintenance, mail, supplies, equipment and invoices.
- Provides administrative support for assigned management in the Los Angeles office including, but not limited to: processing time and expense reports, drafting and editing correspondence, scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, travel arrangements, etc.
- Extensively manages calendars. Plans, negotiates, schedules, and reschedules meetings to accommodate manager and others. Uses discretion and judgment to determine the priority of meetings and keeps managers informed of upcoming appointments and deadlines.
- Coordinates meetings with internal associates and external contacts. Reserves conference rooms, requests visitor passes, and sets up AV equipment as required. Meets, greets and escorts visitors, meeting attendees and candidates. Drafts, collects and distributes supporting documentation. May compile minutes and distribute follow up materials as required.
- Arrange international and domestic travel under guidance from the client in accordance with firm policy.
- Coordinate and organize logistics for internal and external functions including offsite or onsite meetings, conferences, entertainment, receptions and dinner arrangements with minimal direction.
- Completes expense reports promptly and follows up on reimbursements if necessary. Reconciles report against monthly credit card statements if required.
- Provides back-up for other administrative assistants by answering forwarded reception phones from other offices.
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the management of customer needs and requirements, including classified and confidential files.
- Audits records for discrepancies and reconciles issues as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities to improve work processes and maintains and creates office manual of protocols and best practices.
- Keeps abreast of internal administrative policies, practices and guidelines (e.g., conference call and WebEx best practices, travel and expense guidelines, Office Services processes, etc.).
- Orders supplies, pantry items and applicable equipment and handles incoming invoices in accordance with firm procedures.
- May work on special projects and additional assignments as assigned.
- 5+ work experience as an executive assistant supporting senior management
- Excellent computer skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to anticipate problems and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task - great time management
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to receive feedback and has willingness to stretch/grow
- Must have the flexibility to work overtime as required
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.