Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Systems Analyst, Information Systems
at Amgen Inc.
Career CategoryInformation Systems
Amgen is seeking a web developer (Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst) in our main headquarters at Thousand Oaks, CA to join the Global Commercial Operations Information Systems (GCOIS) group as a reporting to the Director, Information Systems. The specialist will work on a cross functional scrum team supporting the Global Commercial Operations Information Systems (GCOIS) group. GCOIS is responsible for partnering with Amgen’s Global Commercial Operations organization to deliver technology services and solutions that achieve corporate strategies and business plans. The specialist will own technology strategy, architecture and development and will be accountable for all technology projects related to sales and marketing in the web space.
- Single point of contact for web processes, development vendor vetting and on-boarding, web domain knowledge and strategy.
- Develops documentation and training around processes, newly implemented technologies, and strategies.
- Works with Global Web team to align web strategy for US region with other regions and brings learning back to US from other regions.
- Independently researches and sustains domain expertise on current web trends, strategies, and technologies to help move Amgen’s web presence forward.
- Commercial technology strategic lead for sales & marketing related to web, mobile applications, campaign management and reporting & analytics
- Certified Scrum master that works and can lead a cross functional agile scrum team
- Approves all aspects of development (i.e. code review; test scripts; devops)
- Develops and codes when necessary and leads a team of developers internally or externally
- Advises on technology strategy across all brands and functional areas
- Independently researches and sustains domain expertise on current trends, strategies, and technologies to help move Amgen’s sales and marketing technology forward
- Strong collaboration skills across small and large project teams (QA, outside vendors, project managers, business sponsors) as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Master’s degree and 3 years of software engineering experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of software engineering experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of software engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years hands-on experience with full-stack web development using .NET in an enterprise environment
- Intermediate level experience with Sitecore
- Understanding of latest web technologies: Web 2.0. Basic understanding of SEO/SEM/social media
- Experience with A/B or Multivariate testing and Web Personalization. Deep knowledge of web best practices and an interest in finding and implementing innovative new web trends and technologies.
- Ability to think strategically about technology, recommend solutions that align with business strategy and achieve the greatest business impact
- Working knowledge of LEAN/AGILE software development methodologies
- Strong organizational, planning and financial management skills and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across a matrixed organization
- Excellent Communication skills to communicate fluently across and up through organization, including escalation and mitigation of issues, risks and business impacts
- Experience with software engineering standards: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration
- Familiarity with various versions of Web CMS Platforms
- Intermediate level experience using source control systems like GIT and Software development lifecycle experience and (source control, multiple environments, code migration, source control, unit testing)
- Consistent record of evaluating, bug fixing and improving web, API and Windows Service, console-based applications
- Self-motivated and driven individual with demonstrated personal ownership of tasks and tenacious approach to finding and fixing the root cause of issues
- Intermediate level experience with cloud development patterns and architecture is preferred as is experience with Design Systems development
- Intermediate level experience with Bootstrap and responsive design and an in-depth knowledge of modern HTML5 and CS
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.