Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aon Is Looking For a Sr. Broker
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Middle Market business group within Aon Risk Solutions. This position can be placed in Los Angeles or Irvine, CA.
Your Impact As a Sr. Broker
Duties and Responsibilities
- Market new and renewal business, handling all aspects of the placements from initial market selection through policy delivery to client.
- Ensure that placements are handled correctly and on time
- Develop productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters and Aon local office teams
- Identify and analyze prospect and client exposures.
- Coordinate activities with other internal units as required to meet customer needs.
- Present to local account executives, participate in RFPs, client meetings and conference calls.
- Key member of the client facing team, acting as a trusted advisor to the executive level client in broking, designing, selling and servicing complex accounts.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, resourcing and executing large projects/ programs.
- Frequently interacts with senior level colleagues and clients, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or clients and the company.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, exceptional organizational skills, ability to make and communicate difficult decisions.
- Minimum of 3-7 years of insurance brokerage and/or underwriting experience
- Effective working knowledge of carrier underwriting practices & processes.
- Proven leadership skills in working with teams and ability to work with clients and to successfully exceed client expectations.
- Proven client facing skills including effective presentations & communications.
- Proven organization and ability to work with others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various levels.
- Successfully operates in a fast-paced driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must maintain appropriate broker’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent,
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
About AonAon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.