Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer
Project Controls Engineer 3
We are currently looking for a Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer to join our Water Business Line. Leverage your skills, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the earth’s resources at the same time. In this position, you will work in the Municipal and Industrial Water/Wastewater industry.
This position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth and the potential to collaborate with the local and national teams to grow our Process Automation Services Group. In this role, your responsibilities will include designing I&C projects, programmable logic controller (PLC) programming and human machine interface (HMI) configuration, start-up support services during construction. We are looking for individuals who have delivered Municipal and/or Industrial Water/Wastewater projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Produce instrumentation and controls design drawings, plans and specifications for use by construction contractors in the water and wastewater industry, including P&IDs, written specifications and control strategies.
- Serve as task manager or as lead I&C discipline person on projects.
- Overseeing automation programming teams as well as providing mentorship for other I&C engineers and designers.
- Collaborate with a national team of technical experts, technical sellers, and the national discipline lead for the Electrical and I&C group in executing projects and pursing new projects.
- Build and maintain client relationships while promoting and integrating company-wide initiatives and values.
- Be self-motivated with an outgoing personality and excellent planning and communication skills.
- Producing effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical memorandums.
- Travel to client and other Arcadis office locations as needed.
- Experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley PLCs and GE iFIX HMI.
- Working experience with OSIsoft PI System configuration.
- B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering).
- Experience as an I&C Engineer working on municipal and/or industrial water/wastewater projects in multidiscipline teams.
CA, Los Angeles
Engineering - Mechanical
Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Water is the world’s most critical resource. At Arcadis, we work tirelessly to help protect this natural resource, focusing on the entire water cycle. From source to tap, managing rivers and coast zones, urban and rural water supply, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels, our specialists, engineers and scientists help address all of the challenges facing water. Using cutting-edge technologies, collaborating to develop innovative solutions and tapping into global learning development resources, we are uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water services that support the demand of a rapidly changing world. Join our team to start improving quality of life today.
Are you interested in being considered for this position? Let us know!
Our online application is currently unavailable as we transition to a new system. Send an email to the Arcadis Recruiting team at Recruiting.ANA@Arcadis.com to notify them of your interest. Please attach your resume to the email and include the requisition number located at the top of the job posting. We will respond with a link to formally apply and be considered for the position the week of July 15, 2019 when our new system is available.