Argus Medical Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Per Diem Medical Assistants - Long Beach/ South Bay area
at Argus Medical Management
- 09-Oct-2019 to 08-Dec-2019 (PST)
- Medical Office
- Long Beach, CA, USA
Per Diem & Temporary Medical Assistants
The Medical Assistant Float will be responsible for "floating" to ministry locations such as the greater Long Beach area as assigned and performs tasks in all aspects of care delivered by the front office and back-office staff. When performing duties as a Medical Assistant, this position will be responsible for assisting the physician/provider with all general medicine or specialized medical practice duties under the general supervision of the Physician, Clinical Supervisor and or Clinical Manager, other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Administer injections, blood draws, check pulse, vitals, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height of patients when needed.
- Rooms patients utilizing best practice MA workflow and maintains patient flow per schedule
- Anticipates patient care needs and consults with the provider as needed
- Documents patient information collected, care given and treatment provided as well as charges in a clearly and concisely manner in EMR.
- Assists with patient phone messages/tasks and documents in EMR Conducts callbacks per provider instruction in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining proper telephone etiquette
- Organizes, stocks (using a PAR & trigger system) and maintains an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not limited to exam rooms, procedure rooms and patient care areas
- Adheres to all safety standards, including but not limited to, equipment maintenance, infection control, universal precautions and use of personal protective equipment as needed for all patient-care procedures
- Maintains current knowledge of medications, waste disposal, and sterile techniques.
- Responds to and participates in all medical emergencies and codes
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- High level of customer service skills with a genuine caring approach to helping people.
- Maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions.
- Demonstrates organizational abilities.
- Demonstrates dependability.
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- General knowledge of healthcare insurance and terminology such as IPA's, HMO, PPO Medical and Medicare
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Window
Education & Licensure/Certification:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certifications
- CPR or First aide preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred