Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Faculty - Department of Engineering & Computer Science
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Department of Engineering & Computer Science invites applications for adjunct faculty to teach courses at the undergraduate and master’s levels, especially in the areas of programming languages, software engineering, and information technology.
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty is to deliver instruction in the manner determined by the department. In addition, faculty responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of syllabus and teaching of curriculum according to the goals and objectives of the department.
- Student advising and office hours in relation to the course load carried, and as assigned in the faculty teaching assignment.
- Participation in faculty meetings and departmental activities as identified by the department chair or program director, and assigned in the adjunct faculty contract.
- Determine student mastery of material and assign final course grades from evaluation of tests, quizzes, homework, and other assignments and activities related to course material.
• Must have a master’s or terminal degree in the field of instruction or related area.
• Preferred experience includes teaching at the college or university level.
• The ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
• A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University.
Assigned teaching duties will not exceed 9 units per semester; office hours and additional duties may be assigned. Total workload will not exceed 29 hours per week, nor 24 units per 12-month period.
• Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
• Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
• Self-starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.