Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Faculty Senate Assistant (Part-Time) - Office of the Provost
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Senate Assistant directly reports to the Faculty Moderator. This person will provide administrative and secretarial support, including special projects, office work flow, appointments, correspondence, manuscripts, budgets, data compilation, and records control, management and dissemination. This person may perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Two to five years administrative/office experience required. Five years preferred.
- Experience working with various software applications required.
- Knowledge of Google apps including calendaring and shared drive.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Oversees the administrative functions of Faculty Governance and serves as the first line of contact for faculty governance inquiries.
- Assists the Moderator and other governance representatives in preparing and disseminating correspondence, data management, faculty handbook and related policy, and other documents.
- Maintains the budget records of the Senate. Monitors monthly expenditure statements for budgets and prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval by the Moderator.
- Handles inquiries and refers to appropriate governance body, faculty, or administration in assistance to or in the absence of the Moderator.
- Assists the Moderator with setting the schedules for: Senate meetings; Full Faculty meetings; and other meetings as needed.
- Secures rooms and other resources for all Governance related meetings, and follows up accordingly to ensure events are managed expertly.
- Takes minutes for Faculty Senate, Full Faculty and other meetings as deemed necessary by the Moderator.
- Coordinates special projects and events for faculty governance activities.
- Maintains calendar, schedules appointments and meeting rooms.
- Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information. Updates, assembles and categorizes facts, figures, charts, and other documents for written use, dissemination and publication.
- Uses various software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and destruction.
- Uses computer to prepare documents, statistical reports, tables, and charts using knowledge of academic, literary, organizational or other technical terms.
- Types routine correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy using computer.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Faculty Moderator.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, take and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Ability to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Grade 6: $17.72 - $23.03
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.