Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Coordinator - Diversity Planning & Assessment
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Under the supervision and direction of the Executive Director of The Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence (CDEIE), the CDEIE Program Coordinator works as a member of the Office of Diversity, providing administrative, technical, and organizational support.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree required/MA preferred
- Proficient in using media software, spreadsheets, video-taping and editing techniques
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with colleagues
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity of communicating and coordinating work efforts with team members
Primary Duties/Essential Functions:
- Provides support for CDEIE meetings and events. This will include but is not limited to recording, video-taping and editing sessions, preparing and distributing agendas and minutes as well as ensuring necessary follow up on action items are completed
- Manages the compiling of survey results to assist the Executive Director in generating institutional reports and documents.
- Provides technical support for training participants with issues related to multimedia, audio, video, and mobile technology.
- Provides support to the Executive Director with the creation of proposals/presentation material to promote initiatives, including preparing handouts, articles, and other relevant information.
- Provides administrative support for the Executive Director by maintaining calendars, creating reports, drafting correspondence, handling general office tasks, and coordinating with campus service departments for meetings and events as necessary.
- Supervises the maintenance of the diversity website in conjunction with the Office of University Relations.
- Maintains diversity resource materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects of center projects and interaction with others.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to initiate, organize, and complete projects independently.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and engage in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Intermittent sitting and standing.
- Repetitive motions and prolonged work with computer mouse and keyboard.
- Telephone usage; use of other business equipment.
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, bend to lower file drawers and reach to top of 5-drawer file cabinet.
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to transport materials or secure their transportation to locations on and off campus.
- Viewing computer monitor
- Reading written materials (text, spreadsheets, and numerical data).
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- PC and Apple computers
- Google Apps
- Video/multimedia production
- Mobile devices and apps
- Grade 7: $19.49 - $25.33/hour
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.