Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Server Assistant - Part-Time
at Benihana Restaurants
- # of Openings
- Store #
- Doing Business As
- Benihana Santa Monica
- Business Unit
- Benihana Marina Corp.
- Position Type
Responsible for setting and cleaning tables, sushi bar and lounge areas throughout the shift. Supports servers and service staff with drink refills and clearing tables. Assists with the setup of large parties and communicating which areas of the restaurant are ready to be seated in order to assure customer satisfaction.
In accordance with Benihana’s service and cooking procedures:
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the front of the house including all tables, chairs and floors.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of service and bus station(s). Refills soy bottles and keeps them thoroughly cleaned prior, during and after shift.
- Communicates and assists hosts to set up and break down tables as customer requests are received.
- Refills soda, ice teas, and waters upon the request of the customer or server.
- Removes dirty dishes, silverware and any debris from tables between courses and after customer leaves table. Returns dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware carefully to dishwashing and/or bar area.
- Checks restrooms on a routine schedule to maintain cleanliness. Reports any restroom problems to management immediately.
- Assists with spills throughout the restaurant to assure customer safety.
- Leaves restaurant in a clean condition prior to end of shift.
- Assists customers with inquiries or as needed.
- Removes trash and breaks down boxes for the bar and restaurant.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Experience and Education:
- Previous bar and/or restaurant experience preferred but not required.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability to monitor and anticipate guests’ needs and respond accordingly in an effort to maintain a positive and enjoyable dining experience. Outgoing personality and friendly disposition highly desirable.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping and lifting up to 55 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc) containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Ability to use sharp knives and cooking utensils. Must be able to use cleaning compounds and cleaning products. Must be able carry large bins filled with dishes, silverware and other eating utensils. Ability to work with a variety of restaurant lounge and/or bar equipment and tools.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network! Text "Benihana" to 51893.