Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Framing Estimating Manager
at BMC FootPrints
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the dedicated Estimating Manager oversees and manages the estimating function for single and multifamily jobs. This individual is an important facet to upholding our company's commitment to continuous improvement and high efficiency. They plan, coordinate, and supervise the activities of estimators in the department, providing technical and administrative direction to ensure objectives and customer needs are always met.
- Prepare and or manage detailed material/labor estimates and bids.
- Personally schedule/maintain job log and assign bids to each estimator with a due date.
- Accurately determine the products used on each job and keep the master bid form updated.
- Assist salespersons to identify and solve construction problems from the blueprints.
- Ensure timely completion of estimating projects.
- Communicate job expectations to estimators.
- Keep estimators informed of any changing code issues that would affect the bid.
- Develop work assignments and schedules and maintain time and production records.
- Perform activities of associates supervised.
- Enforce policies and procedures.
- Keep Single/Multifamily bid pipeline report current and send out to Market Manager, Sales Manager and Market Framing Manager two times a month.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Identify and respond actively and professionally to the needs of customers and team members.
- Open and responsive to change.
- Keep the Single/Multifamily Estimating Progress report updated daily and upload to the server.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Company’s safety standards and enforce safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of industry, local/national building codes and general management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures, financial reports, legal documents, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specification manuals, finish schedules and other documents provided by the architect and or customer.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to write reports, business and simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and to the general public.
- Ability to communicate sensitive information to principals and associates.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to manage (coach) subordinates.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
- Requires use of tact to avoid conflict in carrying out assignments, as well as exercising continuous judgment.
- Minimum Experience: 3 - 5 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.