Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Linux/Unix System Administrator
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Huntington Beach, CA, USA - Seal Beach, CA
Job Description Summary:Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Supports software project management and software supplier management functions. Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Troubleshoots software issues. Works under general supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a highly productive, self-motivated Associate Linux/Unix System Administrator for the Advanced Information Technology (AIT) Program located in Huntington Beach, CA (with plans to relocate to Seal Beach, CA within ~1-2 years). As a System Administrator, you will be part of an amazing, collaborative team managing secure, world-class computing and storage services to support a proprietary customer. You will be an integral part of the program and have the opportunity to work with multiple engineering and support groups on both on-going operational efforts and exciting future projects for a highly valued, dynamic program. As a member of our diverse and highly-adaptive System Administration Team, you will work closely with other System Administrators, Communications Engineers, Information Assurance specialists, Cyber Security professionals, Systems Engineers, and Operations specialists who are passionate about providing top-quality secure computing and storage services to a variety of developers and data scientists across the United States of America.
- Develop and manage the program's (high performance) computing and infrastructure systems
- Provide creative problem solving, critical thinking, and advanced troubleshooting across a broad domain of secure computing systems and support activities
- Manage data center computing operations while maintaining strict operational security requirements/directives
- Manage availability of network, storage, computing, and software of multiple computing and storage systems
- Ensure secure operations according to advanced security directives
- Implementation of computer security policies and procedures
- Develop and update documentation for processes and technical guides
- Administer and enhance the program's computing and storage infrastructure
- Administer and maintain (HPC) systems, engineered systems, and infrastructure systems
- Design and provide technical guidance for multiple vendor teams to install computing equipment
- Collaborate effectively within a small team environment as well as work tasks independently
- Use creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills across a broad domain of software development activities
- Apply a logical approach in solving challenging problems
- Use Microsoft OS Environments: Unix (Solaris), Linux (RHEL), and Windows
- Address and develop solutions for computing security requirements (e.g., Risk Management Framework (RMF))
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Required Education, Qualifications and experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- This position requires an active/current DoD Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance and/or a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Current/Active Security+ CompTIA Certification (e.g., DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification or better)
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline
- Experience with OS Environments: Unix/Linux (RHEL)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Experience with administration of Unix (Solaris), Linux (RedHat/RHEL), and Windows Operating Systems
- VMware Administration
- Experience with High Performance Computing Systems
- Experience with High Performance Storage Systems
- Solution implementation for Advanced Computer Security Directives and Requirements (e.g., Risk Management Framework (RMF), STIG's)
- Experience with parallel file systems
- Use the following technologies as needed: SQL, ColdFusion, Oracle, JQuery, Bootstrap, C/C++, Java
- Perl / Python / shell scripting
- Experience in networking, computing, and storage systems engineering
- Experience with the following technologies: High Performance Computing processing and storage environments, data center management, system configuration management, engineering drawings, system configuration management tools, shell scripting, and service requests systems
- Vendor management: ticket submittal, tracking, issue resolution, writing/reviewing RFI/RFPs, understanding Service Level Agreement
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6J7BI2 (6D7)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.