Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Avionics/Electrical Systems Service Engineer, Mid-Career
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Seal Beach, CA
Job Description Summary:Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Commercial Airlines, Design Center is currently seeking a Mid-Level, Avionics/Electrical Systems Service Engineer (Level 3) with advanced and /or broad knowledge of Boeing electronics and avionics system design and engineering principles. As a Mid-level, Avionics/Electrical Systems Service Engineer you will be working with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. You will monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. You will solve problems and provide other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle as well as research specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
This position is located in Seal Beach, CA and offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This is a Non-Union represented position
- Assesses and resolves electrical/avionics system product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Leads research of electrical/avionics system technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Designs and/or provides electrical/avionics systems analysis of interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
- Works with and possibly directs cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex electrical/avionics design non-conformances.
- Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential safety issues.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Oversees documentation of hardware related problems.
- Identifies the need for technical training.
- Participates in and may lead activities for on-site disabled product repair teams.
- Participates in accident investigation support teams.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Leads analysis and translation of complex requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Works with others to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
- Provides critical support of fielded avionics system hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Leads research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Recognized as a business unit-wide expert in qualification, physical and functional integration and installation design and resolving supplier technical issues.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications Required:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- A Bachelor of Science degree or higher in an engineering discipline
- This position requires the capability to work alternate shifts to support the 24/7 needs of the customer.
- Experience with Systems Engineering and/or Avionics
- Experience with commercial airplanes or commercial derivatives.
- Systems troubleshooting with flight ramp experience.
- Airline Maintenance Operations Experience.
- Experience performing aircraft maintenance at an airline, delivery center, or in flight test environment is desired.
- Experience with Boeing 7-series airplane models is preferred.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6B1BI3 (6E2)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.