Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mid-Level Guidance Navigation & Control Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Seal Beach, CA
Job Description Summary:Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements definition. Resolves requirement conflicts. Performs and documents analysis and design of Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) systems to validate or assess the system design or models. Develops solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction. Designs trade studies to meet program requirements. Works under general direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Company is seeking a Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) Engineer Position in Seal Beach CA for the X-37B and other programs. Activities include GN&C design, analysis, verification and testing for atmospheric flight and space environments. This position is located in Seal Beach, CA.
- GN&C navigation design & analysis, navigation hardware, Kalman filters
- Linear and Non-Linear control analysis
- Flight Stability & Control
- GN&C pointing
- GN&C software development
GN&C Integration & Testing
- Guidance and Control architecture development and verification
- This will also involve participation in cross-segment integration.
- Self-motivated problem-solver, capable of taking initiative with minimal instruction. Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and techniques in order to develop guidance, navigation and control systems for aircraft and spacecraft.
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements.
- Performs and documents design and analysis of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) models and tools.
- Supports development of solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction. Participates in new business development efforts.
- Works under general supervision.
- Able to problem solve in a clear and concise manner and have strong communication skills.
- Consistently and proactively works well with team members to solve complex problems and can also lead in a team environment.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6E3DI3 (6A2)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.