Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Space Systems Modeling & Simulation Software Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - El Segundo, CA
Job Description Summary:Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Architecture Modeling & Simulation Software Engineer who will help develop models and simulations to analyze state-of-the-art satellite systems for national security programs, commercial, civil, and other government programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team focused on analytical and technical solutions for executing our latest satellite systems.
This is a software development role. Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Architecting software solutions to define and analyze satellite systems and evaluate system performance for various scenarios and vignettes.
- Developing analysis tools to perform end-to-end space system architecture analyses and simulation of operational tasking and resource utilization.
- Translating system-level CONOPS, functional analysis, and requirements into models and simulations.
- Supporting complex space-based architecture trade studies with new models and increased fidelity.
- Supporting system-level integration and validation.
- Initiating and leading software simulation development activities for space-based satellite systems, including: system utility, capacity, subsystem modeling, and performance assessments.
- Developing analysis tools and 3D visualizations using MATLAB, STK, and custom object-oriented software.
- Communicating (both written and verbal) and presenting clear and crisp software design decisions and implementations.
- Organizing and managing the parallel execution of multiple, diverse, complex development tasks under general direction.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Education:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic qualifications and Requirements:
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
3+ years of experience developing object-oriented software using C++.
- *Experience in engineering modeling and/or analysis with computer programming of spacecraft analytical models, simulations, and/or data processing.
*Experience using MATLAB, Python, or other data analysis / scripting languages for data processing.
*Experience in developing scalable High Performance Computing (HPC) based simulations.
- *Education and/or experience with Linux operating systems.
- *Software testing and documentation experience.
- Proactive, self-starting, independent individual with strong interpersonal, analytical or programming, communication, and leadership skills.
- Experience with modern software engineering principles, design patterns, and validation techniques.
- Experience with UML and software design and development tools such as MagicDraw, Git/Gitlab, Subversion is desirable.
Experience in designing and implementing a system (requirement development, System architecture, Software design, Software testing)
Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
Expertise with Amazon Web Services.
Python experience or expertise is a plus.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:6J7BI4 (6D7)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.