Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at C2 Education
- Job ID
- # of Openings
About C2 Education:
C2 Education began in 1997 as a tutoring service run out of a Harvard dorm room. We have since evolved into one of the largest tutoring providers in the country with more than 125 centers nationwide and growing! C2 Education is focused on helping students achieve their goals and our tutors make that happen.
- Tutors must complete C2 Teacher Training Program and additional on-going training.
- Instruct students in classes with a 3-to-1 student-teacher ratio.
- Keep detailed records of tutoring sessions using C2 Student Progress Records and/or relevant forms.
- Track and analyze student progress.
- Tutors must prepare lessons to meet student needs.
- Attend Teacher Team Meetings.
- Work closely with Center Program Director to meet students’ academic goals.
Key Competencies/Success Factors:
- Delivers information in a clear, compelling, and concise manner.
- Actively listens and checks for understanding.
- Adjusts communication content and style to meet the diverse and distinct needs of C2 students.
- Provide student feedback in a manner that supports learning.
- Builds immediate rapport with students.
- Fosters a positive and motivating environment for students.
- Invites participation and makes students feel that their contributions are valued.
- Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective manner.
Passion for Results
- Ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities successfully.
- Sets challenging goals and has high standards.
- Manages the learning environment with a student-centered focus.
- Maintain current knowledge base and proactively seeks to stay up to date in subjects
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- AP-level knowledge in at least one or more subjects (English, Humanities, Math, and/or Science).
- High SAT or ACT scores preferred. We're looking for teachers who can score at or above the 95 percentile.
- Highly skilled, motivated, versatile, dependable, and dynamic individuals with strong communication skills.
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population .
- No teacher certification required.
- No previous teaching or tutoring experience required but candidate must possess a love for teaching.