California State University, San Bernardino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director (Administrator I)/Student Financial Services
at California State University, San Bernardino
Employment Status: Full-time, regular "exempt" position, included in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP).
Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and occasional evening and weekend hours.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 2, 2019.
"Please attach a cover letter, resume (or curricula vitae) and diversity statement. The diversity statement may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational/professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for the role you are applying for at California State University, San Bernardino. (Maximum 250 words)"
The Associate Director of Student Financials is responsible for the administration and coordination of the university's cash handling and overall customer service and the daily operations of Student Financial Services. Acts as a key member of the Student Financial Services leadership team will provide management and leadership to the office. This position supports the Director as a technical advisor and liaison for the Financial Services and Cashiering Operation.
- Typical Activities
- Provides support and leadership for the Student Financial Services Office, cash management and customer service. Responsible for developing staff and creating a positive work environment. Act as an agent of change and process improvement.
- Lead process efficiency and automation for the department and various interdepartmental functions.
- Represent Student Financial Services on various committees as needed
- Plans, coordinate, and supervise the operational, personnel and budget functions of the Office
- Oversees university's cashiering operations, assist satellite cashiers with direction and training, serve as liaison to campus departments regarding cashiering issues, coordinate the annual cashier office audits, supports interface between cashiering system and university student accounts and financial reporting systems including testing of upgrades, provides training to campus departments in cash handling best practices, implements and supports online e-Markets.
- Responsible for internal controls and compliance related to cash handling, banking, billing and accounts receivable
- Monitors development, Implementation and periodic update of appropriate policies and procedures
- Plans, develops and implements new and revised systems and procedure
- Supervise the preparation of various reports, statistics, and presentation for the external and internal audits, grantors, external agencies, and campus management
- Assist in the establishment of standardized procedures and the development of forms and reports for the all operational need
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, or related field or 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of the organization with proven experience in managing and directing a diversified work staff.
- Must be able to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations to improve the future goals of the department.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Excellent management and leadership skills are required.
- Excellent process improvement skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with senior management throughout the University and California State University System.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure; high attention to detail and the ability to execute multiple initiatives against time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience in Higher Education environment and student financial service operations and cash handling are preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and projects, mobilize efforts toward completion, and deliver with a high degree of quality on a consistent basis.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, decision-making and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively represent the department at various meetings and student events.
- PeopleSoft and other enterprise system knowledge are preferred.
- Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)