Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Accountant will perform professional level accounting activities which support the preparation, recording, and reconciliation of accounting/business transactions. In this role the incumbent is responsible for maintaining and/or assisting with the General Ledger system and providing management reports. The Accountant advises in the proper financial reporting of CalOptima’s operations, participates in the general accounting functions, coordinates work with others in Accounting and other departments.
- Reviews accounts payable transactions to ensure they are compliant with policies and regulations.
- Prepares journal entries relating to estimation of revenue and medical expenditures.
- Participates in month-end and year-end closing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes financial schedules detailing monthly expenses.
- Analyzes and prepares account reconciliations.
- Supports financial audits.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Calculate and prepare appropriate journal entries to record business transactions.
- Propose accruals and adjustments as determined necessary.
- Understand and reconcile purchasing and accounts payable transactions.
- Maintain departmental records and reports and collect data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Be self motivated and focused towards the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both written and verbally with peers and management.
- Pay strong attention to detail.
- Adhere to the department and organization’s policy and procedures.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment with both short-term and long-term deadlines.
- Utilize and access computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office; Excel, Access, Great Plains accounting system) and job-specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
- 2 years’ experience in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Experience in Healthcare, Insurance industry, or Public Accounting a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains accounting system a plus.
- Generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP) and procedures.