CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
One Call Admission Coordinator
at CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Business / Administrative / Clerical
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous fertility and research centers in the U.S. and Korea including CHA Fertility Center, a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
The One Call Admission Coordinator (OCAC) is responsible for managing all incoming calls, via the One Call designated phone number, for all outside facilities such as; Acute Hospital Emergency Departments, Acute Hospitals IP-lateral transfers, MD Offices, Community Clinics, Skilled Nursing Facilities, or Home as examples who are requesting a patient be admitted / transferred to HPMC. This position is also responsible for internal bed placement by working with nursing supervisor and Admitting.
The primary job duties this position is responsible for achieving are listed in order of importance.
- Collaborates with appropriate departments and staff for all requests for patients to be admitted / transferred to HPMC.
- Receives and coordinates all incoming calls from the One Call phone lines for requests to admit / transfer patients to HPMC.
- Adheres to all metrics and timeframes for the One Call does it All Process Request to response 30 minutes. Identifying appropriate alternative placements for patients (i.e. send patient to ER, re-direct to another facility, etc.) as appropriate for patient safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Physicians, admissions team, case management, leadership and other internal & external customers.
- Reviews requests for admission to HPMC based on insurance criteria knowing not to accept Trauma, Inpatient Psych or other services not available at HPMC or capitated to other facilities (except as directed by Leadership).
- Responsible for cost containment, conservation of supplies, equipment, and other organizational resources.
- Ensure all the appropriate logs, system notations, documentation and other data requirements are accurate and entered timely to ensure proper and compliant billing practices by PFS.
- Ability to use AIDET in all settings.
- Completes departmental and hospital-wide in-services, competencies and Health Stream assignments.
- Create Shell accounts in Paragon and collaborates with IT improvements for accurate statistical tracking. Collaborate with admitting/case management teams on process improvement, automation, data entry and enhancement of the one call Center as directed by Leadership, Hospital Goals and Vision.
- Assists department management in the resolution and evaluation of problem situations.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Code of Conduct (Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and license requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree Preferred
- Graduate of an accredited LVN program Preferred
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare industry, particularly related to areas of case management and admission / transfer criteria.
- Knowledge and principals and practice for different payers; Managed Care, Medicare, Medi-Cal, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and excellent telephone skills.
- Consistently demonstrates problem solving skills.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
- 1 Year of High Volume Call Center or Customer Service experience preferred
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Fire Card