CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Rehab
at CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Job ID
- # of Openings
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous fertility and research centers in the U.S. and Korea including CHA Fertility Center, a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
- Performs duties in a manner that provides for the physical, psycho-social and spiritual needs of the rehabilitation patient including assisting in completing initial gathering of necessary data in a timely manner; performs ongoing monitoring when warranted by the patient’s condition. Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into patient care approaches; correctly differentiates between normal and abnormal findings; and incorporates the functional developmental age into patient care approaches for the adolescent through geriatric rehabilitation patient population.
- Assesses patient utilizing rehabilitation nursing policies and procedures which describe rehabilitation nursing standards and scope of services, in addition to rehabilitation specific patient care.
- Performs duties demonstrating a rehabilitation knowledge base.
- Using hospital and regulatory standards of care for rehabilitation, the nurse demonstrates sound clinical judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of the nursing aspects of the trans-disciplinary care plan. In conjunction with the patient/family, the nurse develops an individualized patient care plan and determines interventions based on assessment/reassessment findings. The nurse evaluates patient outcomes on an ongoing basis, establishes priorities for patient care services as evidenced by modification of care plan, if necessary, and demonstrates the ability to accurately document patient care activities in the medical record.
- Utilizing a case management approach which initiates discharge planning on admission, the nurse plans, and guides, directs, coordinates and collaboratively incorporates the overall aspects of patient care across the continuum by effectively communicating with physicians, staff and other disciplines.
- Safely and competently administers pharmacotherapeutics adhering to medication policies, procedures, practices and standards, and monitors the resultant outcomes based upon the patient’s response to treatment and its effect on the rehabilitation plan of care.
- Assesses and responds appropriately to ensure patient safety based on the physical environment, equipment and the patient’s behavior.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide care in emergency situations and follows established emergency procedures and practices.
- Communicates and follows the organizational chain of command for notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of, and demonstrates the ability to identify therapeutic rehabilitation patient care issues/problems and determines measures and interventions to promote, maintain and/or restore health for the adolescent through geriatric rehabilitation patient population as described in the Rehabilitation policies/procedures including the skills competency check list. The nurse also provides appropriate care through the healthcare continuum including end of life.
- Assures that the rights of all patients are respected and maintained by allowing for privacy and dignity in the provision of care.
- Determines the presence and type of Advance Directive, if applicable. The nurse ensures patient and/or family involvement in the decision-making process as it relates to patient care, end of life and ethical issues. The nurse is aware of the reporting responsibilities and reports suspected cases of abuse or neglect relative to the adolescent through geriatric patient population as appropriate.
- Identifies patient/family educational needs; initiates and provides individualized teaching which considers the functional/developmental age and the needs of the adolescent through geriatric rehabilitation patient population. The nurse evaluates and documents the effectiveness of the patient/family teaching through assessment of their comprehension of the instruction and demonstration of appropriate responses.
- Demonstrating knowledge of age specific care, including but not limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures, physiological normal values/readings; and assessing skin integrity, behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place patients at risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise, understandable manner. Applicable for the populations: Infant ( ) Pediatrics ( ) Adults ( x) and Geriatrics ( x )
- Demonstrates effective Team Leader/Change Nurse skills.
- Practices Universal Precautions.
- Graduate of an RN Training Program.
- Recent experience in Rehab Care, preferred.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- 1 year of Registered Nursing experience in an acute care setting.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Current California RN license
- BLS card
- Fire Card
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.