Chino Valley Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chino Valley Unified School District
TITLE: Bus Driver STATE CODE: 012
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
- To transport students to and from designated stops while maintaining a safe environment and in accordance with the policies of CVUSD the Arizona Department of Transportation guidelines.
- This is a substitue on call position with no guaranteed number of hours.
- This position is not eligible for District provided employee benefits.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercise maximum regard for the safety and welfare of all transported students while operating a school bus.
- Work closely with Transportation Services and the school principals regarding hazards encountered on bus routes.
- Inform Transportation Services regarding any suggested changes in route schedules or busloads.
- Assist other school bus drivers with their routes in cases of emergencies.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Complete and submit to Transportation Services all required reports and information in accordance with the policy of The Governing Board of Chino Valley and Arizona Department of Transportation Regulations.
- Possess the physical and mental capability of operating all school buses assigned to the Transportation fleet.
- Address and assist with student discipline problems, aided by the school administration and Transportation Services.
- Facilitate a feeling of safety and security to transported students.
- Manage students in a positive and effective way.
- Comply with Arizona Department of Transportation Regulations and District School Board Policies pertaining to school bus driver certification and responsibility.
- Attend assigned workshops and training programs.
- Submit to Drug and/or Alcohol testing when required by School Board, State, and/or Federal policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Transportation Services or Designee.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to meet the Arizona Bus Driver Certification requirements established by the Arizona Administrative Code R17-9-102 for School Bus Drivers
- Ability to do considerable physical activities in varied areas
- Ability to work under pressure.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent training (GED).
q Work Environment involves no physical risks or hazardous conditions
þ Work environment involves slight physical risks that require basic safety precautions (safety glasses, lab coats, rubber gloves etc.)
q Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following detailed safety precautions (such as wearing respirators, handling hazardous materials, and working with industrial machinery.)
Rarely Occasionally Routinely Often
(0-5%) (6-25%) (26-75%) (over 75%)
Sitting _____ _____ _____ __X__
Standing _____ __X__ _____ _____
Bending/Stooping _____ __X__ _____ _____
Crawling/Kneeling __X__ _____ _____ _____
Climbing __X__ _____ _____ _____
Pushing/Pulling __X__ _____ _____ _____
Lifting (Under 10 lbs.) __X__ _____ _____ _____
Lifting (10 Lbs. Or more) _____ __X__ _____ _____
Carrying (Under 10 lbs.) __X__ _____ _____ _____
Carrying (10 lbs. or more) __X__ _____ _____ _____
Reading documents for
general understanding __X__ _____ _____ _____
Reading Documents for
analytical purposes or high
degree of accuracy __X__ _____ _____ _____
Viewing Video Terminals __X__ _____ _____ _____
Other (Describe below) _____ _____ _____ _____
Describe “Other”: __________________________________________________________
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)