City of Beverly Hills
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Beverly Hills
- Job Summary
**This recruitment will remain open until filled and may close at any time without prior notice.**
The City of Beverly Hills is seeking a qualified Records Supervisor, a position that will provide support services to the Beverly Hills Police Department. The incumbent in the position will perform a variety of clerical, administrative, and supervisory functions under the guidance and direction of the Records Manager.
Who We Are
The City of Beverly Hills has a long-standing reputation for providing superior customer service to residents, businesses, and visitors. This characteristic, combined with outstanding staff in all departments, has been a hallmark of success for this high performance organization. The municipal government (approximately 1,080 full-time and part-time employees) provides the highest quality safety services, recreational, municipal services, and physical environment.
What We Do
The Beverly Hills Police Department is responsible for safeguarding the lives and property of City residents, businesses and visitors. The BHPD values its reputation as an agency that earns the public trust through efficient, impartial police service.
The Records Bureau of the Beverly Hills Police Department provides services in the compilation, maintenance, custody, and disposal of all department records concerning crimes, traffic, property and persons.
Exceptional customer service skills are essential for the position as the Records Supervisor must be responsive and proactive when addressing the needs of the community. Candidates for this position must possess a strong commitment to public service, the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion, the ability to maintain confidentiality and act with integrity. This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have experience with the following: California Law Enforcement Telecommunication System (CLETS) policies and procedures; Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR); National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS); Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) databases; familiar with California's penal and vehicle code. The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory experience.
Position & Benefits
This position is represented by the City's Safety Support (SS) Association and is covered by the negotiated terms and conditions of that Association's Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The City provides a generous compensation and benefits package, including CalPERS 2.5% @ 55 for classic members; $2,150/month towards health insurance (with option of up to $475/month as taxable cash); a monthly contribution of $250 to an RHS account for retiree medical savings; generous vacation accruals with the option for annual cash-outs. Additional details may be found in the SS MOU, a copy of which is located at www.beverlyhills.org/mou.
All applicants must submit clear, concise and complete information regarding their qualifications for the position, including response to all supplemental questions. Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of the application or supplemental application materials.
The selection process may consist the following components:
- Oral Interview / Technical Project
- Major Duties
- Compiles statistical crime and arrest information and prepares all related statistical reports for the Beverly Hills Police Department, the FBI the California Department of Justice the Los Angeles County Sheriff, and other law enforcement agencies.
- Reviews all data entered by Records Bureau Personnel into the local record management system and into the CLETS/CJIS/NCIC databases for completeness and accuracy, and ensures any necessary corrections, modifications or updates are completed in the appropriate database.
- Reviews requests for records and public information to determine appropriate procedural response for inquiries.
- Under the direction of the Records and Jail Manager, may respond to Public Records Act, subpoena duces tecum, and discovery motion requests.
- Orders office supplies, equipment and various departmental forms.
- Trains new personnel in major duties and tasks of the Records Specialist positions.
- Under the direction of the Records and Jail Manager, may train and certify Police Department and City personnel in the proper use of CLETS/DMV/CJIS/NCIC information.
- Supervises Records Specialists and Senior Records Specialists in performance of their required duties and tasks.
- Evaluates and counsels Records Specialists and Senior Records Specialists in work performance, including disciplinary action when necessary.
- Assists the Records and Jail Manager in conducting interviews for Records Specialist positions.
- Drafts new procedures when necessary.
- Fulfills various duties and assignments required of the Records and Jail Manager that relate to the Records Bureau, in the absence of the Records and Jail Manager.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years of experience in police records work with one year experience comparable to that gained as a Senior Records Specialist for the City of Beverly Hills.
- Two years of experience as a CLETS Full Access Operator.
- Completion of the City of Beverly Hills Supervisor's Academy and/or the POST Records Supervisor Course or similar course relating to the supervision of personnel or sufficient experience that demonstrates the knowledge, understanding and practice of supervisory skills.
- Must be proficient and able to successfully perform and complete all duties required for the Senior Records Specialist position.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of:
- FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting handbook, California Public Records Act and Criminal Offender Record Information release criteria.
- Office procedures, methods and equipment.
- Supervisory practices.
- Statistical analysis.
- Operating a computer.
- successfully perform all tasks required for Records Specialist and Senior Records Specialists, and must be proficient in performing and completing all duties required by Records Specialist and Senior Records Specialists.
- communicate clearly and effectively, both orally or in writing.