City of Redlands
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Municipal Utilities and Engineering
at City of Redlands
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2588071
Overall Job Objective
- For more information and to apply, please visit:
Under general direction, the Municipal Utilities and Engineering Director will plan, manage, direct, oversee and coordinate the activities of the Municipal Utilities and Engineering Department, including administration, engineering, water production, treatment and distribution, wastewater collection, treatment and laboratory analysis; provides highly complex staff assistance to the City Manager. Exercises direct supervision over management, supervisory, professional, technical and clerical staff.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public administration, business, engineering or a closely related field. A master's degree is desirable. For degrees obtained outside of the U.S., an official equivalency evaluation is required.
Special Requirements:Essential functions and duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ten years of increasingly responsible management and supervisory experience in the administration of municipal utility operations, including five years in a public agency.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid driver's license.
- Ability to work in a standard office environment; ability to travel to different sites and locations; ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, and twist; lift, drag and push files, reports, or other materials weighing up to 25 pounds is also required.