City of Riverside
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
INSTRUCTOR (THEATER ARTS)
at City of Riverside
- The Position
The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of INSTRUCTOR (THEATER ARTS) to fill one (1) vacancy in the PARKS, RECREATION AND COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT (PRCSD). The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
The Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department (PRSCD) has an exciting opportunity for theater arts candidates to instruct the fundamentals of musical theater; such as singing, acting and basic dancing from various musicals.
Instructors, under general direction, provide specialized recreation and/or education programs at various locations throughout the City. This is a broad class designed to cover several diverse areas of expertise that will allow the City to hire individuals with the skills and knowledge appropriate to the planned activity.
- Work Performed
Duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Teaching specialized arts and crafts programs
- Instruction in various sports skills
- Teaching appropriate social skills
- Demonstration of animal control techniques
- Instruction in lifesaving skills
- Instruction in graphic and web design techniques
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Certification or registration may be required for some programs.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Possession of a valid Class "C" California Motor Vehicle Operator's License
- Graduation from high school or equivalent (GED)
- Experience in instructing singing, acting, and/or basic dance
- Two (2) or more years experience in instructing musical theater to a group of 5 or more individuals
- Two (2) or more years experience in the creation and instruction of music curriculum for a group of 5 or more youth
- Selection Process
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
GENERAL INFORMATION ON COMPLETING YOUR ON-LINE APPLICATION, CLICK HERE: (Application Guide).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen, and/or medical/physical examination.
NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list.
Proof of education listed in your application will be requested at the time of conditional offer. Acceptable documentation consists of transcripts or degree, if applicable, by the accredited U.S. college or university.
Education obtained outside the United States (US) require one of the following options:
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.
- An equivalency statement from an evaluation company certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at http://www.naces.org/members.html or the Association of International Credential Evaluators Inc. (AICE) at http://aice-eval.org/members/.
- An advanced-level degree from an accredited US college or university.