City of Riverside
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WASTEWATER MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR
at City of Riverside
- The Position
- The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of WASTEWATER MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR to fill one (1) vacancy in the Wastewater Division of the Public Works Department. The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
Wastewater Mechanical Supervisors, under general direction, supervise and participate in the inspection, repair, maintenance, testing and installation of the mechanical equipment for the wastewater treatment plant; wastewater collection system; and do related work as required.
- Work Performed
When assigned to Mechanical Maintenance, typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, schedule, assign, supervise and participate in the installation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment controlled by the wastewater division.
- Utilize a computerized maintenance management system to monitor and improve the productivity of assigned personnel.
- Review and screen work requests for completeness, accuracy and necessity.
- Perform detailed job preparation which includes job scope, step-by-step procedures, man-hour estimates, skills and materials required and safety concerns/procedures.
- Inspect the work of personnel and crews engaged in plant maintenance and repairs; assist in the inspection of existing and newly constructed sewer facilities.
- Supervise and participate in troubleshooting and repairing defects within the mechanical equipment.
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment.
- Maintain records of mechanical maintenance, repair and inspection activities.
- Order and maintain inventory of mechanical equipment, materials and parts.
- Provide input for budget development.
- Participate in mechanical management activities, such as inspection of equipment and attending meetings.
- Supervise, train and evaluate subordinates.
- Ensure that assigned personnel adhere to all safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school graduation or satisfactory equivalent (GED). The completion of supervisory and/or computer-related course work is highly desirable.
Experience: At least four years' experience in mechanical maintenance, with at least two of those years in a supervisory capacity. Experience with computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, database and computerized maintenance management systems.Necessary Special Requirements:Possession of an appropriate, valid class "C" California Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
Possession of, an appropriate, valid class "B" California Motor Vehicle Operator's License within 12 months from the date of hire.Possession of a Grade III Maintenance Technician Certificate issued by the California Water Environment Association (CWEA).
Possession of a Grade IV Maintenance Technician Certificate issued by the California Water Environment Association (CWEA) within 12 months from the date of hire.Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Possession of, an appropriate, valid class "B" California Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
- Crane Operator's Certification issued by the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO).
- Computer Software Experience
- Selection Process
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
3) Required Certification(s)
FOR DIRECTIONS ON ATTACHING A DOCUMENT TO AN ON-LINE APPLICATION, OR GENERAL INFORMATION ON COMPLETING YOUR ON-LINE APPLICATION, CLICK HERE: (Application Guide).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen, and/or medical/physical examination.
NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list.
Proof of education listed in your application will be requested at the time of conditional offer. Acceptable documentation consists of transcripts or degree, if applicable, by the accredited U.S. college or university.
Education obtained outside the United States (US) require one of the following options:
- An equivalency statement from an evaluation company certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at http://www.naces.org/members.html or the Association of International Credential Evaluators Inc. (AICE) at http://aice-eval.org/members/.
- An advanced-level degree from an accredited US college or university.
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.