City of San Bernardino, California
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Police Officer (Lateral or Pre-Service)
at City of San Bernardino, California
- Job Summary
Are you an experienced law enforcement officer (Lateral Officer) or a Police Academy Graduate looking to make a career change?
CONSIDER JOINING THE CITY OF SAN BERNARDINO'S POLICE FORCE!
San Bernardino Police Officers enjoy a variety of different duty assignments and work experiences that may not be available at other agencies. With highly-competitive pay, expanded career opportunities, and the chance for upward mobility, lateral officers find the San Bernardino Police Department to be a great choice. For Police Academy Graduates, San Bernardino offers the additional training and experience needed to start a career in law enforcement.
For more information about becoming a Police Officer with the
City of San Bernardino's Police Department please visit joinSBPD.org or call 909-384-5104.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a physical agility test scheduled
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Minimum Qualifications
Education, Training and Experience:
- A high school or G.E.D. equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Successful completion of the California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Basic Academy Course or a Basic P.O.S.T. Course Waiver.
- Verification of California P.O.S.T. Basic Academy or Basic P.O.S.T Course Waiver completion must be submitted with application.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid Class "C" California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the City's vehicle insurance policy. For out-of-state applicants, a valid driver's license is required. A valid Class "C: California driver's license must be obtained within ten (10) days of appointment (CA Vehicle Code 12405c).
- Free of any felony convictions.
- A citizen of the United States or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Fingerprinted for purposes of search of local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record.
- Of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Found to be free from any physical, emotional, or mental condition which might adversely affect the exercise of the powers of a peace officer.
- Supplemental Information
- Click here to view the Police Officer (Lateral or Pre-Service) job description
If you are interested in a career in law enforcement but have NOT completed the California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Basic Academy Course OR obtained a Basic P.O.S.T. Course Waiver you will need to apply for the Law Enforcement Trainee (LET) position. LET applications are accepted on the 1st Monday of every month (excluding December).For more information about becoming a Police Officer with the
City of San Bernardino's Police Department please visit joinSBPD.org or call 909-384-5104.The City of San Bernardino will provide reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact Administrative Services for the City of San Bernardino in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment. Please call 909-384-5104 for additional information regarding requests for accommodation.