City of Santa Ana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Program Leader (Senior Mobility Program)
at City of Santa Ana
Pay: $13.04 to $15.82/hour
$13.04 - $15.82
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2381895
Categories: Healthcare - Assisted Living/Home Health
Overall Job Objective
- The City of Santa Ana is looking for individuals who are results-oriented, possess great attitudes, demonstrate creativity and innovation, work efficiently, show a record of success and have a PASSION for public service. Having the best employees provides the best service to the community.
This is a part-time position. The incumbent(s) will work up to 20 hours per week. Work schedule is to be determined. This recruitment is open until filled and can close at any time. Bilingual pay is an additional $1.01/hr, if applicable.
- Essential Functions Include But Are Not Limited To
Under the direction of the Recreation Program Coordinator and guidance from the Community Center Aide, provides assistance in conducting older adults transportation program activities. Plans, organizes, and coordinates activities at the senior center. Assists the Community Center Aide and drivers in decisions that provide life-enriching experiences, which serve senior center members in a safe environment.
- Assists with program registration and compliance
- Collects daily driver reports
- Provides quality service for all program participants and guests
- Assists with promotion of program activities and excursion registration
- Conducts group transportation activities such as monthly excursions/mini-excursions, shopping trips, and wellness related outings
- Maintains and prepares program rosters/routes
- Assists in relaying changes in daily routes to program drivers
- Drives as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school
- Experience planning and implementing activities and events
- Ability to deal professionally with senior citizens and customers of all ages
- Possession and retention of a valid California Class C driver's license as a condition of employment
- Or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the desirable knowledge, skills and abilities.
Skill in: operating a computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
Ability to: establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with fellow team members, various groups and organizations, the general public and other public entities; demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation and creativity in planning, organizing and directing the recreation program activities by providing leadership, instruction and training to participants; carryout directives from Program Coordinator and/or Community Center Aide; take initiative, be proactive; attend staff meetings and trainings; multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced, changing environment; create and maintain confidentiality when dealing with proprietary information and sensitive situations.
Must Have Reliable Transportation
Special Working Conditions: Must be willing and able to work irregular hours, including weekends, holidays, days and evenings, on a regular basis as a condition of employment.Note: Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Hmong, Korean, or Samoan is highly desirable.
- Selection Process
- All applicants are required to complete and submit a City application form and supplemental questionnaire online. Resumes or faxed copies will not be accepted in lieu of an online application.
Applications must be submitted online.
Click on the "Apply" link located at the top of this page. New users must create an account first. Click on this link for instructions on how to set up your account and apply for the first time: Online Employment Application Guide.
The Human Resources Department and Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Departments will review the applications and those candidates who possess the most pertinent qualifications will be invited for an oral interview by the hiring agency. For additional information, please call Juan L. Lara at (714) 571-4259.
The City of Santa Ana is an equal opportunity employer. If you consider yourself a person with a disability, you may contact us regarding providing reasonable accommodation.