Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production - Sander (Fullerton, CA)
at Cobham plc
Cobham is seeking a Production - Sander. The selected candidate will assemble aerospace antennas and associated products in accordance with supplied design data and drawings. They will also provide as a flexible resource to manufacturing to enable the achievement of Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety (QCDS) targets. This position is located in Fullerton, CA location.
- Responsible for sanding, patching and preparing antennas for primer/paint.
- Responsible for the maintenance and storage of sanding equipment.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork pertaining to each job is completed in full and the immediate work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Carry out tasks as delegated by the relevant Team Lead and/or Production Supervisor.
- Provide feedback about product build aspects, highlighting issues as appropriate.
- Suggest continuous improvements.
- Follows internal Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) policies and attends all required SHE training.
- Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that is required for the job.
- Performs all work according to established safe practices as defined in SHE Management Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience performing surface prep for finish coat painting in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in an ISO environment.
- Basic knowledge and use of pneumatic and cordless tools.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers