Complete Coach Works
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Complete Coach Works
Job Reference #: 12811579
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. offers an array of solutions for transportation needs. Our company specializes in bus re-manufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversions.
JOB TITLE:Mechanical Engineer DATE REVISED:8/26/2019
REPORTS TO:Engineering Manager
The Mechanical Engineer, under the direction of the Engineering Manager, researches, develops, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems possibly involving nanotechnology.
- Oversee and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electro-mechanical products and systems
- Activities may involve but are not limited to electric generators, internal combustion engines, and steam and gas turbines, power-using machines such as refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, machine tools, and material handling systems
- Develop alternative designs using Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Perform detailed calculations to establish standards and specifications; perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal for each project
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects
- Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams, and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs
- Conduct system evaluations and make appropriate recommendations to modify designs or repair equipment as needed; run/test computer programs, connect computer jacks and plugs, and test for adequate operation
- Research and analyze data determining feasibility of design application for customer proposal
- Design products or systems, such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Plan and oversee engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems
- Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications
- Coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment; identify and recommend system improvements to improve technical performance
- May design products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software
- May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machines or system malfunctions and ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards
- Support production department with product development and testing; provide quality assurance for ongoing projects
- Additional cross-functional duties as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 2 years minimum professional practical mechanical engineering experience
- 2 years minimum transportation, engines, or battery experience
Must be able to:
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an, “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.