Concorde Career Colleges
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Concorde Career Colleges
The Academic Dean, as campus academic affairs leader and member of the campus management team, is accountable for ensuring quality and integrity across all campus academic functions. The Academic Dean is responsible for recruitment, selection, training and supervision of program directors and instructors. The Dean promotes academic achievement and student satisfaction consistent with established education objectives (outcomes), quality standards and fiscal responsibility.
- Manage Faculty and academic staff and conduct faculty development to ensure quality of program delivery and academic management.
- Recruit, select, orient, train, counsel, evaluate and manage faculty members to drive faculty/staff retention.
- In conjunction with Campus President, ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate, and Department of Education regulations.
- Conduct or arrange regular faculty meetings for all instructors and facilitate faculty training programs.
- Schedule classes, campus room usage and instructor assignments.
- Arrange a minimum of four (4) one day in-service workshops annually.
- Ensure curriculum is current with internal, accreditation and regulatory requirements and consistently followed.
- Assess curricular performance: Review course syllabi, outlines, lesson plans, exams, and school catalog to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines. Conduct annual program reviews. Promote delivery of instruction utilizing interactive technologies. Ensure that student end of term evaluations are completed for each course.\
- Maintain a Learning Resource Center that complies with regulatory standards and that meets student needs.
- Create academic goals and objectives for the college’s Institutional Effectiveness Plan.
- Assist Campus President with Venture Analysis and program approvals for new programs.
- Analyze and review community needs in conjunction with the Graduate Employment Department.
- Coordinate/Collaborate cross department (Academics, Admissions, Student Services, etc.) efforts to meet student needs and promote student development, retention and placement.
- Work with all departments to ensure highest student satisfaction.
- Make available necessary support, information and training to assist the Admissions Department.
- Participate in new student orientation.
- Develop and assess student advising activities.
- Ensure appropriate educational objectives are achieved in extern programs.
- Submit reports on student pass rates on board, certification, registration, and/or licensing exams to VP Academic Affairs, Home Office.
- Coordinate/assist and support program directors and faculty and work with Student Services on student retention efforts.
- Ensure that extern to hire metric is achieved.
- Ensure that Program Directors coordinate information pertaining to extern placement of students, job openings, candidates and any placement updates.
- In coordination with Graduate Employment Director, establish, maintain, oversee, and properly use advisory boards.
- Accurate and thorough completion of required documentation and reports.
- In conjunction with Campus President complete accrediting and licensing reports required by regulatory bodies in conformance with Concorde guidelines and time frames before due date.
- Complete monthly and annual corporate required reports as they relate to academics.
- Oversee the registrar and student records management.
- Develop an annual calendar of class schedules, days off, etc. in conjunction with the corporate calendar.
- Represent the organization in its relationship with the community through targeted events, conferences, and meetings to promote growth and reputation.
- Ensure faculty is involved in community relationships and are ambassadors for the college.
- Participate in community outreach projects, i.e., high school admission presentations business to business opportunities.
- Manage the expenses of the Academic Affairs Department to meet financial targets.
- Identify new sources of revenue.
- Identify and develop teaching efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Administer the academic budget within the framework of the overall campus budget and decentralize the budget to program level leaders to attain positive financial results.
- A minimum of two years Academic Dean experience or comparable Concorde academic management experience, 5-7 years academic managerial experience in proprietary education and at least two years teaching experience required. Requires Master’s degree in Education or a related field or Bachelor’s degree and currently enrolled in a Master’s degree in Education or a closely related field with a minimum of 9 semester credit hours earned toward graduation per calendar year required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrated experience and commitment to customer service with a continuous focus on improvement.
Directly supervises 6-15 people including Program Directors, Associate Dean (if applicable) Registrar, Learning Resource Coordinator and Academic support staff.