CoStar Realty Information, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Ruby Full Stack Developer
at CoStar Realty Information, inc.
CoStar’s Lead Ruby / .Net Full-Stack Software Developers are responsible for architecting and building applications and platforms that operate on terabytes of data and scale to support the internal processes of our Company and process over a Billion dollars of revenue per year.
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good Team Lead from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Specify: Work directly with senior leaders in our Product Design and Technical organizations to design applications that amaze our customers.
- Build: Manage and coordinate a team of 2-3 software developers in building applications and platforms utilizing the Agile SDLC. Act as a player/coach.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality.
- Launch: Take complete ownership of product launch activities and coordinate closely with DevOps to monitor application performance and availability.
- Measure: Monitor application metrics to ensure the expected results are met with continual user growth.
- Grow: Make your team and those around you better at what they do by (1) hiring and developing the absolute best developers, (2) setting clear team objectives and (3) providing concise, timely and actionable guidance to team members.
Are you up for the challenge?
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science preferred)
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products and/or platforms that leverage terabytes of data and scale to meet the needs of millions of users
- 5+ years of deep (very deep) development with Ruby
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- Experience in Web based and Database technologies
- Solid web development and troubleshooting skills
- 3+ years of .NET (C#) development experience including Web API (.Net Core a plus)
- 5+ years of relational database design, T-SQL programming and performance tuning experience
- 2+ years of experience working with client-side frameworks – Angular (preferred) or React
- Experience with Docker, AWS managed services, and Service Oriented Architecture a plus
- Deliver work products that meet specifications, are defect free and performant
- Experienced in application performance, unit, and automation testing
- Excellent team building, negotiation and consensus building abilities
- Ability to motivate and build high performance software development teams
- Commercial Real Estate knowledge is a bonus
- Market-leading compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits with a choice of two plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability benefits
- A rich 401(k) plan
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CSGP) is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces.
CoStar conducts expansive, ongoing research to produce and maintain the largest and most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information. CoStar data powers the $17 trillion world of real estate – delivering the sale, lease, property, tenant, contact, reporting and industry information that makes connections happen. We help our clients make smart investments and decisions. Eighty-three percent of the nation’s commercial real estate transactions involve a CoStar subscriber, and the top 95% of the leading 1,000 brokerage firms use CoStar to inform their decisions.
We also help create lasting experiences through our family of marketplaces. In addition to CoStar, CoStar Group brands and marketplaces include LoopNet, Apartments.com, BizBuySell, and Lands of America – collectively attracting more than 25 million monthly unique visitors. The Apartments.com Network is the nation’s #1 most visited apartment listing network, with 45 million monthly visits, allowing renters to find their perfect homes. LAND.com connects landowners to their perfect properties, spots and open spaces. BizBuySell allows small business owners to bring their dreams to life. And LoopNet connects investors, sellers and brokers with clients who fall in love with their properties.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe and Toronto, Canada with a staff of approximately 3,700 worldwide, including the industry's largest professional research organization.
CoStar is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CoStar is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.costargroup.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 1-855-840-1715 or by sending an email to email@example.com.