Crystal Stairs, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive - Chief Compliance Officer
at Crystal Stairs, Inc.
- 30-May-2019 (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Executive - Chief Compliance Officer
Crystal Stairs is seeking an experienced Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) for one of the largest nonprofit child development agencies in California. Reporting to the CEO, the incoming CCO must be passionate about the work of serving low-income communities, mission-driven, and experienced in leading organizational and cultural change and compliance. The primary function is to provide strategic leadership and oversight of all compliance-related activities across Crystal Stairs' departments and programs. The Chief Compliance Officer directs and manages all aspects of the Compliance Department and provides independent oversight and coordination of the corporate-wide compliance program that promotes a culture of compliance and the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and responsibility. This position is a member of the Executive Management Team and actively participates and collaborates in the operational oversight of the Agency, the achievement of corporate objectives and the strengthening of the Agency's infrastructure.
The CCO also directs and manages the following departments/units: Fraud Prevention Unit, Human Resources Department, Internal Audit/Compliance, Legal Department and Quality Assurance Unit. The CCO is the Chair of the Agency's Compliance Committee and the CCO has dual reporting to and direct access to the Board of Directors for the purpose of advising and making recommendations to the Board regarding regulatory compliance issues.
See below for an overview of the qualifications, experience and skills you should possess:
- Five (5) years' experience in a nonprofit organization, to include demonstrated leadership and familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, fraud prevention, human resource policies, procedures and regulations, risk management, government contracting, internal audit and a minimum of five (5) years managing a broad scope compliance program. Experience in oversight or management of a legal department is preferred. Experience with state funded programs, social service and/or early childhood education is a plus
- 5 years of director/senior level management experience playing a strategic leadership role in a corporate or a non-profit
Possess strong leadership characteristics that:
- Communicate and educate employees on agency culture and lead by example, demonstrating a commitment to integrity, honesty, and adherence to the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to staff members by conducting periodic staff meeting and frequent check-ins.
- Select hire well-qualified, talented staff that reflects labor market diversity.
- Allocate and request resources that match production needs and adjust as necessary to support unit's budget and CSI goals/mission.
- Build strong teams that are technically competent and characterized by a high level of coordination and trust.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Education, Public Administration, Child Development, Organizational Development or equivalent. Advanced degree, MBA or Project Management certification preferred.
- Strong strategic focus and leadership skills with exposure to different business and/or management models.
- Must have ability to drive and motivate organizations.
- Must be a strategic thinker with excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills that has an organizational wide executive level perspective.
- Must have strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to influence leaders and people movers.
- Ability to facilitate and maintain communication with diverse staffs and communities. Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be an administrative effectiveness and process improvement expert with strong skills in judgment, integrity and ethics.
- Ability to provide strong leadership to effectively manage budgets, practice sound fiscal management and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of state and federal laws and regulations relating to the field of compliance.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including ability to propose options and recommended course(s) of action.
- Demonstrated experience of excellence working effectively within a highly complex and diverse and rigorous compliance environment.
- Ability and track record of successfully working in cross-functional teams that have a shared responsibility for compliance.
- Demonstrated record of taking actions that support a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated record of successfully developing and implementing new compliance or organizational programs.
- Intermediate level computer skills, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org