Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resource Business Partner
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job Type:100% Reimbursed
Job Posting Title:Human Resource Business Partner
Job Description Summary:Job Description Summary
Provide Human Resources support by performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions as well as new business development initiatives. Provide coaching and counseling with regard to employee and labor relations issues. Partner with the Regional Human Resources Director or Manager and operations group to develop and implement programs that will support the business objectives in terms of recruitment, employee relations, training and development. The Human Resources Generalist will also have responsibility for the oversight of Corporate HR policies and initiatives for the region as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees Human Resource operations for multi-site region by interacting with facilities management and personnel toward the resolution of issues affecting multiple areas affecting the sites employees
• Counsel managers and supervisors on employee relations issues to include discipline, policies and procedures interpretation, harassment and discrimination, HR compliance, background checks, FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, Wage and Hour Law, I-9 compliance, etc.
• Act as the employee relations expert for the region while creating a positive forum for all employees.
• Conduct on-site internal investigations often involving complex employment matters, investigate EEO complaints and prepare comprehensive investigation reports with recommended findings.
• Work in concert with the Labor Relations staff on labor/union related issues.
• Deliver and manage Corporate HR initiatives.
• Communicate and enforce human resource policies and procedures including attendance policy and inter-relation with FMLA absences
• Deliver training modules to staff on employment and compliance matters.
• Manage and coordinate new customer account start-ups and on-boarding of employees.
• Assist in the recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conduct new employee orientations.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment laws.
• Compile data and prepare reports and analyses for one or more functional areas such as seniority rosters, hires, terminations, applicant flow logs, etc.
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed. Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Initiates and oversees the accuracy of monthly reports issued by sites
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Must have the ability to partner with all levels of employees and build relationships.
• Must have strong employee relations and management skills and have stand-up presentation skills
• Must be experienced in training program curriculum development and delivery.
• Must have proficient computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and E-mail.
• Must have an extensive working knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws, with an understanding of governmental compliance requirements, immigration laws and processes.
• Must possess a working knowledge of laws and regulations relating to the principles and practices of employee relations, best managerial practices, FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation and Wage and Hour laws, I-9 compliance.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; up to 40% travel required
• Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential functions of the job.
• B.S./B.A. required; HR Generalist Certification required; PHR preferred.
• Minimum 2-3 years of progressive HR experience at generalist level or handling HR related matters
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com