Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DevOps and SRE Manager
at Daimler AG
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistance and telematics systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focuses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs team in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
This position is a leadership position within a new and dynamic organization that handles backend operations for the Mercedes me connected car infrastructure.
Main task is to lead and cooperate with a team of IT operations engineers, DevOps engineers, security experts and release managers to provide the best possible customer experience. This must be achieved by implementing stable and robust processes for customer releases, platform changes as well as monitoring and validation activities. This requires excellent communication- and networking skills with sponsors in the Daimler HQ in Germany as well as 3rd party vendors. Besides the leadership role, this position requires the ability to acquire and build up deep technical understanding of the underlying infrastructure and architecture. Daily use of monitoring and analysis tools is a must.
- Lead, instruct, support and coach individual team members to create and maintain an innovative, friendly and challenging work environment; support personal development and growth
- Manage and supervise contractors and/or interns as directed or required
- Manage 3rd party vendors, local or oversees, via ticketing systems as well as personal contacts
- Analyze issues occurring on any owned system as well as performing CI/CD tasks locally
- Manage and support projects where team members work in DevOps setups so that quality gates are reached with high maturity levels
- Organize and maintain a permanent platform monitoring and on-call support methodology
- Deliver feedback and reports to local as well as oversees management. Organize meetings and taskforces as required
- Recognize, point out and work on strategies to mitigate risks
- Research and implement innovative solutions to improve products and work environment
- Permanently work on improving existing processes to gain best possible efficiency as well as question existing solution for innovations
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- 8 years as Software Engineer or DevOps or SR Engineer
- First-hand and long-term experience in an IT operations position
- Previous experience in a leadership position within a DevOps or SRE team for at least four years
- Have the ability to work in a team as well as to organize, develop and lead a team
- Have the ability to quickly understand and assimilate business vision and goals in all solutions and translate technical information to teams
- Strong ability to multi-task and effectively function in an interrupt-driven high pressure environment
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Have the ability to innovate and be creative
- Solve problems and have the tenacity to drive issues to conclusion
- Have strong written and verbal skills and skills to collaborate with colleagues from a wide range of job functions
- Have the ability to organize workflow and direct tasks as well as document milestones and resolve problems. Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands
- Have project management skills to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Two plus years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or other major cloud based technologies including administration and scripting of tasks. Can use VM based infrastructure as substitute skill
- Strong knowledge of networks and communication technologies
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes and methods
- 2 years of CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) pipeline process experience in development and production environments
- Proficiency in a programming language (Python, Java, C#)
- Experience managing DevOps individual contributors
- Project management and ITIL certification
- German language skills is a plus
Check out our open jobs here. Learn more about MBRDNA and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
MBRNDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRNDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRNDNA employees, or send to any MBRNDNA location.
MBRNDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.