Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Didi Hirsch
Position Hours: Mon -Thur 11:30 AM -8:00 PM Fri 8:30AM-5:00PM
Scope of the Position
- Providing required administrative support to assigned program/department
- Receiving clients and visitors, determining nature of their visit, and notifying appropriate staff, in a professional manner
- Maintaining health records in accordance with Federal and State guidelines, as well as with the Agency’s established policies and procedures, to assure compliance
- Providing professional customer service to clinical and administrative staff, clients, visitors, and vendors
May perform any or all of the following depending upon program or site needs:
- Provides reception services, greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, signs-in visitors and directs visitors to appropriate person, issues visitor’s identification when required.
- Operates telephone console to receive incoming calls; provides information to caller or routes caller to appropriate staff; places outgoing phone calls as needed.
- Records accurate phone messages including name, time of call, nature of business and person called upon and delivers (via voicemail, email, etc.) to the appropriate party.
- Checks Agency/program voice mail throughout the day and answers or directs messages to appropriate personnel (no voicemail at this time)
- Performs clerical duties which include routine typing, filing, copying, faxing, completing and submitting Agency forms, data entry and distributing Agency communications.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail including internal office mail, external mail, overnight services, delivery services and registered mail.
- Assures adequate funding on postage meter at all times.
- Assists in the maintenance of office equipment including computers, telephone systems, copiers, fax machines and other types of office equipment; calls for service when necessary.
- Assists in assuring all safety and health standards are followed and responds to safety issues within the facility in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains administrative and clerical skills through seminars, workshops or other forms of training/education.
- Attends and actively participates in all team and staff meetings.
- Scheduling clients’ appointments per the Centralized Scheduling guidelines.
- Checks client insurance eligibility and updates EHR.
- Registers clients, enters, and updates information in EHR.
- Collects clients’ payments, performs Share-Of-Cost spend-down, maintains invoice and payment
- Coordinating e-mail and appointments in the Patient Portal system.
- Assists clinical staff with various tasks including, scheduling, reminder calls, communication with
pharmacy (authorization documents) and laboratories, medical records and Payor Financial Information.
- Scans required paper documentation into EHR.
- Performs retro-billing when needed.
- Monitors and updates PFI/FOA.
- Assists with translation/interpretation when needed.
- Assists with Requests for Records/Invoicing/Log.
- Takes Vital Signs and records measurements in EHR.
- Opens/closes cases in EHR and County Systems.
- Updates information in required database (Task Needs, etc.)
These specifications are general guidelines based upon the minimum, ordinarily considered essential, to
satisfactory performance in this position. Individual skills and abilities may result in some deviation from
To perform effectively in this position, the employee in this position is required to have:
- Bilingual Spanish speaker required
- Knowledge of English, spelling, punctuation, and general office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with ability to provide prompt, friendly courteous service to callers, visitors, clients and staff.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Effective verbal communication skills; bi-lingual skills in approved language desirable.
- Effective work organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic math skills to calculate routine data.
- Support the values and mission of Didi Hirsch as related to employment.
- Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures.
- Present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Customer service experience in healthcare setting, preferably mental health, is highly desired.
Typically, these skills and experience result from high school graduation or GED equivalent, completion of
courses in clerical and administrative skills, and/or relevant work experience.