Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shift Supervisor - Crisis Line
at Didi Hirsch
Shift Supervisor - Crisis Line
Shift Supervisor- Crisis Line
Make a Difference in People's Lives While Expanding Your Knowledge and Skills
Diverse Role ● Excellent Training ● Career Options ● Great Culture
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services has been a leading provider of community mental health and substance use services since 1942. With a history stretching back to the Great Depression, Didi Hirsch has established a strong reputation in the communities we serve. We help more than 90,000 children and adults each year from 11 locations and 100 schools throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. We are committed to excellence, diversity and opportunity. We are dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who make a difference in the lives of the clients we serve. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package.
Top three reasons to bring your career to Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services:
- This is a diverse role, allowing you to expand your skills.
- This is a great opportunity to start building a rewarding career with a leader in community mental health services.
- You will find a strong family-like culture here; people enjoy working together to help some of the most vulnerable members of our communities improve the quality of their lives.
Your key duties will include:
· Manages and supports call and chat flow on the Crisis Line.
· Ensures the crisis counselors and volunteers follow program standards, contracts, policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Listens and monitors volunteers and crisis counselor calls and chats.
· Researches and locates appropriate resources for volunteers and crisis counselors while they are on a call or chat.
· With support from the On-Call Supervisor, may make the determination of mandated reports and sending rescue to callers or chatters.
· Initiates debriefing sessions with volunteers and crisis counselors after they have taken a call or chat.
· Identifies volunteer and crisis counselor training needs and provides individual support.
· Provides input and feedback for performance evaluations of volunteers.
· Attends routinely scheduled meetings as requested or required for the Suicide Prevention Center or the Agency.
· Participates in SPC training activities.
Responsible for oversight and support of crisis counselors and volunteers for the Suicide Prevention Center’s Crisis Line to ensure compliance with program standards, contracts, policies, procedures and guidelines.
You must be able to successfully pass our pre-employment screening, including a background check and live scan fingerprinting. For bilingual positions, you will need to pass a language assessment. You will also need to meet the following requirements for this role:
· Have availability and flexibility to work the overnight, evening and weekend shifts at least 12-24 hours a week.
· Able to efficiently use the personal computer to include Microsoft Office Suite and crisis line software.
· Support the values and mission of Didi Hirsch as related to employment.
· Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, DMH policies and documentation guidelines, and other state, federal regulations relating to emergency mental health services.
· Demonstrate current knowledge of all job specific skills including volunteer supervision, crisis intervention, suicide prevention, telephone crisis line procedures, multicultural and socio-economic issues.
· Present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
· Have basic supervisory skills sufficient to manage a staff of volunteers and crisis counselors, enforcing policies and procedures while maintaining a supportive environment.
· Have strong interpersonal skills, interact well with others, and effectively communicate to others when conflicts occur.
· Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
· Ability to adapt and be flexible to changes in protocol and program needs.
· Must be 21 years or older.
· Current California driver’s license, car insurance, and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.