Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Non-Traditional Development
at Dine Equity
The Director, Non-Traditional Development manages all the planning and execution of the Non-Traditional Development Strategy within an assigned area of North America. Specific responsibilities include the procurement of new restaurant locations, renewals of existing restaurant locations, procurement of new "institutional" non-traditional franchisees, appropriate placement of our existing traditional franchisees with non-traditional opportunities, management of relationships with non-traditional venue opportunities (airports, colleges, military, casinos, toll roads, etc.), and management of relationships with our franchise community. Develops and executes the annual AOP for Non-Traditional Development within assigned area. Manages the end-of-period recording and reporting of non- traditional real estate projects, openings and support the overall development goals.
Key areas of candidate focus will be New Non-Traditional operators to include but not limited to Airports, Universities, Transit Stations, Travel Plaza’s, strategic Business and Industry and military operations for both IHOP and Applebee’s brands.
- Develops and executes the annual AOP for Non-Traditional Development within assigned area.
- Manages the end-of-period recording and reporting of non- traditional real estate projects, openings and support the overall development goals.
- Assists in creating, overseeing and executing the franchise sales process – lead generation, reviewing applications, interviewing candidates, and awarding contracts to meet development goals.
- Communicates and interacts with potential franchise partners in a manner which conveys detailed understanding of restaurant operations and profitability, demonstrates a strong business acumen.
- Utilizes a vast amount of franchise sales lead generation tools to deliver a qualified pool of candidates to perform due diligence on our brand portfolio.
- Brand ambassador hosting non-traditional candidate meetings, restaurant/market tours and overall disclosure of key benefits of Dine Brands.
- Consistently upholds the profile of desired non-traditional franchise partners experience level, financial capabilities and business plan objectives.
- Conducts due diligence on prospective candidates.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Development to deliver in-person brand development strategies and attributes to key Non-traditional restaurant operating groups.
- Stays current with industry trends as it relates to brand positioning and franchising for non-traditional restaurant portfolios.
- Provides thought leadership with regards to Franchise Marketing.
- Attends relevant trade shows to network for new candidates and industry information.
Skills & Requirements:
- Successful candidate must have a proven track record with sourcing, qualifying and securing franchisee opportunities in non-traditional venues.
- This individual will have a strong background enabling accelerated growth, setting and exceeding goals and a high level of business acumen combined with the ability to think strategically.
- Successful candidate will have strong communication and presentation skills and the exceptional capacity for negotiating and closing franchise agreements
- 10 years hands-on development experience in the franchise restaurant industry with major experience in non-traditional development,
- Ability to develop a Strategic AOP for the non-traditional business unit
- Experience creating deal structures to deliver multiple sites from premium operators
- Manage a sales and operations team dedicated to non-traditional growth
- Work cross-functionally with other key departments to delivery key objectives.
- Strong network amongst operators in airports, universities, military, casinos and travel centers
- Problem solver who seeks win/win solutions, demonstrates tenacity, and is not easily discouraged
- Capability to address problems proactively and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and advanced organizational skills
- Ability to think and act quickly and effectively under pressure while maintaining a calm, professional attitude, even in crisis situations
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to review and understand financial statements and other legal documents
- Ability to travel extensively to conduct market visits and prospective franchisee meetings