Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Senior Manager
at Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Requisition ID
DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with more than 1,800 professionals in 12 states, in 32 offices, we combine deep experience with a strong commitment to personal service. We are passionate about our people and helping our clients succeed—and we do so through a resourceful approach to solving problems, providing solutions and helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Our ideal candidate will possess 7+ years of public accounting experience in a tax environment, with a concentrated focus on complicated returns dealing with individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and tax- exempt entities, including multi state taxation
- Strong skills in research and writing
- Strong skills in general accounting
- Coordinates with the Manager, Senior Manager, or Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the engagement letter, communications with the client, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling
- Delegates work to staff according to their experience and capabilities in conformance with the planning documents described above
- Reviews the tax working papers and determines that the engagement has been performed in accordance with professional standards and the terms of the engagement letter
- Provide overall leadership, supervision, training, and performance feedback to staff.
- Develop business by expanding existing relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and participating in civic, business, and professional organizations
- 7-15 years of experience in public accounting – with a solid compliance background in taxation (S Corporations, Partnerships)
- Thorough knowledge of the tax process
- Excellent MS Office experience
- Knowledge of Accounting Software Systems preferred
- BS in Accounting from an accredited university required; Master’s in Accountancy or graduate degree preferred.
- CPA Certification required
- Masters in Tax preferred