Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of HR - Ednovate Network Support Team
- Ednovate Network Support Team
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to five schools and is on a trajectory to continue to grow over the next several years. As experts in running high schools that honor the whole child, Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition-free, safe, and high-performing public schools to serve neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
At Ednovate we know that people are our most valuable resource and asset. The Director of HR will lead the vision to provide high quality, high touch support to all staff throughout the Ednovate employee life cycle. They will help ensure that staff feel valued, trusted and have the resources to be high performing. The Director of HR will report directly to the Chief of Staff and will manage all people-related functions such as onboarding, personnel activities, organization health programs, employee recognition events, benefits & payroll administration, HRIS management and offboarding. Through the talent vision, the HR Director will help ensure that we are an employer of choice and a long-term option for the nations best educators and education professionals that are committed to creating lasting positive multigenerational change in our communities.
- On and Off Boarding: Create a warm, supportive & thorough experience for all staff that are joining or transitioning to and from the organization.
- Org Health Programs: Manage quarterly program to assess org health across staff, students and parents/families. Provide leaders with tools and resources to continue to build a healthy organization.
- Employee Recognition Events: Plan the annual More Like Family event to celebrate our wonderful staff with a night if honors, entertainment and fun. There may be other smaller events throughout the year as well.
- Benefits Administration: Lead the benefits enrollment process including benefits selection, open enrollment and continued management. Key responsibilities will include working with our benefits broker to ensure the best benefits for our employees, managing enrollment changes and supporting employees in navigating their benefits.
- Payroll Administration: Manage semi-monthly payroll preparation, ensuring that all benefit deductions are accounted for, stipends are included and salaries are accurate.
- Leave Administration: Oversee the leave administration process to ensure that employees are supported and have the resources they need to navigate FMLA, Paid Family Leave, Disability Leave or other leave activities.
- HRIS (HR Information System): Manage Paycom to ensure it is supporting the needs of employees and the organization.
- Employee Relations: Serve as the network's go to for employee relations and support; answer sensitive and nonsensitive HR questions/resolve issues ranging from payroll and benefits to medical and parental leave to organizational policies.
- Systems Building: Evaluate opportunities to build efficient and effective processes to enhance the employee experience and support the organization's growth.
- Recruitment/Talent Support: Provide support to the recruitment associate in attracting the nation's best talent to Ednovate. This could include attending career fairs, coordinating recruitment events, and other hiring related activities.
- Knowledge of and experience with core HR functions including credentialing, benefits and compensation, payroll, employee policies and relations, compliance and state laws/regulations
- 5+ years of applicable HR experience
- Motivated by being in a service oriented role that is supporting employees
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills and impeccable organizational skills
- Comfort and experience excelling in an environment of ambiguity; ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt to shifting priorities
- Keen eye for assessing, improving and scaling systems in a growing organization
- Highly energetic, professional, positive, and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills; genuine interest and aptitude in working with people of all levels
- Leader who operates with the highest levels of integrity, ethics and accountability; comfort handling sensitive and confidential information responsibly
- Selfstarter who works well independently and takes initiative to identify and resolve issues that may arise, including reaching out to key stakeholders for advice
- Belief that all Ednovate students will succeed in college and make Positive Multigenerational Change
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed
- A history of high achievement and results
- Impressive work ethic ("good isn't good enough")
- Clear passion for Ednovate's Mission
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Serviced-focused mentality
Interested candidates should begin the process by submitting an application through Ednovate's website at http://www.ednovate.org/careers.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.