Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMCORE Corporation has an immediate need for an Engineer R&D (Mechanical Engineer) with strong hands-on experience of complex opto-mechanical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in a related engineering or science field
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· M.S. in Mechanical, Opto-Mechanical, Materials Science or Physics
• 3 years minimum experience in mechanical design and development with a track record for product realization in the field of Mechanical and/or Opto-Mech engineering.
· Experience with CAD design tools such as SolidWorks, preferably working on opto-mechanical systems and system design
· Proficient with FEA analysis with COMSOL, ANSYS or other packages. Experience with thermal, structural, thermal-electrical analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively and constructively with multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
· Experience with packaging and routing of optical fiber
· Prior experience in the mechanical design and fabrication of Fiber Optic Gyros and IMUs (Inertial Measurement Units)
· Design of precision Sensors or Sensor sub-systems
· Experience working in DoD / Military product environment
· Experience with high volume / low cost product design
Due to the nature of the products, the candidate must be a U.S. person as defined under ITAR and EAR regulations – generally either (i) a US Citizen or National of the United States or (ii) a lawful permanent resident (i.e., "Green Card holder") of the United States.
EMCORE Corporation and Systron Donner Inertial (SDI) are equal opportunity employers (EOE) that value and respect the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of each company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of each company.
EMCORE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.