Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DOT CDL Shuttle Bus Driver National Alamo LAX
at Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
- Job ID
- Transportation - All Positions
- Los Angeles Intl Arpt (LAX)
- Airport / City
- US-CA-Los Angeles
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a CDL Shuttle Bus Driver. The Bus Driver provides superior, friendly, efficient service during the rental car process, transporting customers to and from the rental facility in a safe and timely manner, predominantly in 33+ passenger shuttle buses. Establishes and maintains clear communications with other bus operators and management team to ensure a consistent, superior level of customer service. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
**This position is based at our National/Alamo LAX location in 90301**
**This is a Full-Time Union position, schedule based on a shift bid. Apart from religious observances, must be available to work 40 hours/week working various shifts including, graveyard, swing shift, as well as, days, nights, holidays and weekends.**
**Effective September 16th, hourly pay = $18.50/hour + 1st Year Retention Bonus of $2500 (paid out quarterly)**
- Provide customer service including greeting, arrival statement; identify level of service, determining airline drop-off, giving direction to exit and thanking customers.
- Provide safe, clean and comfortable transportation.
- Ensure that the bus is mechanically sound and that all required preventive and scheduled maintenance has been performed.
- Obey traffic regulations, use defensive driving skills and drive with seatbelts fastened.
- Assist passengers on and off the bus and help with luggage as needed (lifting up to 50 lbs of luggage repeatedly).
- Operate radio in a professional manner using ten codes to keep base and other buses informed of traffic and location status.
- Inspect bus for damage and ensure that all equipment is in working order. Inform manager of any maintenance and or safety hazards.
- Follow route and bus spacing as required by location busing standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
This position requires a commercial drivers license (CDL) and is subject to DOT requirements including a pre-employment drug test and physical.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must have a valid California Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with both Passenger and Airbrake Endorsements
- Minimum of 1-year DOT CDL bus driving experience with transporting passengers
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to operate the shuttle bus and assist customers with luggage
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical exam & drug test to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT
- No moonlighting allowed (no other paid employment)
- No more than 1 moving violation and/or at-fault accident on driving record in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past 3 years (i.e. DUI/DWI)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work 40 hours/week full time which include various shifts (graveyard, swing shift, days, nights, holidays and weekends).
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by, and consistent with, applicable law.