Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020 Internships - Business Development
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Presales and Solution Engineering
- Job ID
Work with account managers and other staff to educate customers on the value of GIS while also using your technical skills.
Students interning as solution engineers typically work in our regional offices on one of our sector teams (for example, government, defense, commercial, utility, or petroleum).
In the past, interns have worked on projects that included
- Creating media information products for the disaster response team that covered current crises such as the Nepal earthquake, Oklahoma tornados, and Santa Barbara oil spill
- Creating maps and map journals for various agencies such as FEMA, DOJ, FBI, and NGA
- Creating a gas service territory map for major utility companies of the US, then geoenriching it with relevant demographic data
- Applications Accepted: September 1–December 31, 2019 at 5:00 pm PST
- Interviews: Students selected for phone interviews will be notified by email on a rolling basis October 2019– January 1, 2020
- Internship: 12 weeks beginning in late May or June
Note: After the December 31 application deadline, we will begin providing regular updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Please log back into your account to view application status updates.
- We seek students who are majoring in GIS, geography, or business or are obtaining an MBA and are currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program at a university in the United States; undergrads must be in junior or senior standing
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2020
- Able to complete a 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2020
- Knowledge of Esri products (ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise), GIS application development, GIS databases, spatial analysis, and/or cartography
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, specifically presentation skills
- Some internships also require an interest in a particular domain (for example, natural resources, government, health, or utilities)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.