Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager – Enterprise Search and Discovery
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Product Management
- Job ID
ArcGIS is built on the principle of being an open platform. As such, we believe our users' information assets should be available and discoverable wherever they need to be—to colleagues doing research within private networks or to public users building apps on the web. Knowing data's source, fitness of purpose, lineage, update history, etc. are foundations not only for discovery, but for sound decision making and information science.
As the product manager, you will drive the vision and innovation for the search experience and metadata support across the ArcGIS platform through close collaboration with customers, partners and internal stakeholders. You will work with the software development team to meet search, metadata, and catalog feature requirements.
You will be an integral member of Esri’s Open Platform team, pushing our efforts towards well understood Open Architecture principles that allow for customization and extensibility. In the wider geospatial and data community, you will evangelize more modernized approaches that Esri believes will add value to the metadata cataloging and search experience.
It's an exciting time to join this team as Esri embarks on a geospatial cloud initiative that will involve a push for more native cloud-ready geospatial technology. Now is your chance to help architect next-generation geospatial technology.
- Articulate a platform vision and roadmap to meet the many requirements from customers looking for better search experiences that maintain support of open standards
- Work collaboratively with product teams to implement metadata support and search enhancements across the ArcGIS platform
- Provide internal guidance on improving metadata and search experience for meeting enhanced collaboration needs considering Esri’s cloud and on-premise portal technologies
- Serve as the enterprise search and metadata subject matter expert by researching and staying updated on technology and concepts related to big data search, indexing, metadata, including newer patterns using machine learning, linked data and semantic web technologies
- Evangelize Esri’s tools related to search, metadata management, geospatial catalogs
- Contribute as a technical member in various organizations including W3C, OGC, ISO, FGDC, OASIS, ESIP on issues relating to metadata, geospatial catalogs, and search
- Represent Esri technology at various conferences
- Exposure with enterprise search technologies (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Lucene, Solr)
- Experience with geospatial standards, specifically geospatial metadata standards, and/or web search metadata standards (JSON-LD, schema.org)
- Familiarity with the ArcGIS platform
- Willingness and ability to travel, domestically and internationally, as needed (10-15%)
- Proven ability to collaborate and influence audiences across various departments
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, both verbally and in written form, whether to customers, executives, or other technical or non-technical peers
- Bachelor's or master's in business, computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with core concepts of Neural-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Deep Learning, and other approaches to power "recommender" services (TensorFlow, Python, other)
- Experience with commercial search optimization and SEO drivers
- Previous experience with Esri metadata initiatives
- Knowledge of scientific data formats used in GIS workflows
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.