Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Analyst - SAP Finance and Controlling (FICO)
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Information Technology
- Job ID
Join our dynamic team and manage the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of finance and accounting SAP projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Evaluate gathered information, identify and reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract general understanding from low-level information, and distinguish wants from true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with clients and technical teams to prioritize requirements, evaluate potential solutions, define a proposed solution, propose quick fixes, and develop model business processes
- Create and revise analysis artifacts and deliverables as needed such as business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, business rules, and business process models
- Successfully engage in multiple, simultaneous initiatives
- Work independently with clients to define concepts as per direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions and how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate on integration and user acceptance testing
- Keep current on changes in the SAP ECC and S/4HANA finance and controlling areas
- 7 years of SAP FI/CO configuration and related work experience
- Experience with SAP and SAP bolt-on tax solutions, revenue recognition, foreign currencies, validations/substitutions, and enterprise consolidation
- A good understanding of general accounting principles
- Process-driven analysis skills and background in various requirement discovery methods
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes using process modelling toolsets such as Microsoft Visio and/or LucidChart
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements from various personalities across organization boundaries including senior executives
- Proven experience driving consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with clients, team members, and management
- Understand technical jargon and possess the ability to communicate it in layman’s terms
- Flexible and adaptive, reacting to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Bachelor’s or higher in finance, accounting, business, computer science, or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- S/4HANA implementation experience
- SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting (RAR)
- SAP Bank Communication Management (BCM)
- SAP Flexible Real Estate (Flex R/E)
- SAP Project Systems (PS)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.