Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Reliability Engineer- ArcGIS Online
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Software Development/Engineering
- Job ID
- Collaborate with a team of SRE's and DevOps engineers to operate SaaS capabilities across multiple cloud providers and regions
- Design, implement, and maintain the operational components within the ArcGIS Online platform, which spans infrastructure across AWS, Azure, and VMware
- Create tools and processes that enhance operational workflows
- Work closely with development teams to improve workflows around build, test, and deployment of applications
- Build and maintain monitoring, alerting, and trending operational tools within a cloud environment
- Respond to alerts; troubleshoot and resolve problems
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong familiarity with provisioning cloud infrastructure using APIs (familiarity with AWS or Azure would be a strong +)
- Comfortable in a distributed team environment
- Ability to write code in Go/Python/Ruby for infrastructure scripting
- Advanced understanding of Linux
- Advanced level of experience with configuration management systems (Puppet/Chef, dynamic key-value store)
- Strong understanding of build/automation systems such as Jenkins
- Experience creating custom monitoring solutions
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Proficiency with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Familiarity with HashiCorp tools such as Terraform, Packer, Consul, and Vault
- Previous experience with cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines and libraries
- Working experience with Linux containers (Docker/Rkt) and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Nomad
- Previous experience supporting mission-critical distributed systems
- Understanding of Java development and Spring-based architectures
- Experience with the ArcGIS Online platform
- Experience managing Windows systems at scale
- Ability to share your expertise through documentation and mentorship
- Passionate about creating workflows that help produce a great self-service developer experience
- Ability to step outside of your comfort zone and explore new and/or unfamiliar tasks
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.