Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mobile QA Automation Engineer (SDET)
Come party with a million people a day in celebrating important events in their lives! Evite, the world’s leading digital platform, is seeking a passionate and experienced Mobile QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Los Angeles and contribute to our mission of bringing people together to celebrate their most important life moments.
This position will work closely with Software Engineering, QA, and DevOps to mature automation practices across the entire Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) and assist with mobile app automated test creation, test automation framework development, and manual testing efforts for our iOS and Android mobile apps. The candidate must possess strong communication skills, critical thinking capabilities, and be a cultural fit. This individual should be driven by an inquisitive curiosity to learn, and can pick up new knowledge and skills independently. Evite is looking for motivated individuals to help bring our “What If” philosophy to life.
- Deep programmatic QA automation experience using Swift, Kotlin, Python or similar structured object-oriented languages
- Significant testing experience of complex iOS and Android apps that have prominent placement in respective app stores
- Strong QA process understanding - highly skilled in ability to diagnose and clearly articulate and communicate defects
- Communication - You’re an eloquent speaker who can explain anything to everyone. You are also a clear and concise writer.
- Critical thinking - You love logic and data. Thinking strategically is your forte. You enjoy diagnosing complex problems and formulating plans of attack to resolve them. You enjoy an environment where everyone is encouraged to add value at the most strategic level.
- Cultural fit - You have a craving to fit in a fast-paced, high-integrity, low hand-holding environment (but you will get a hug if you need it). EQ as important as IQ. You want to help bring our “What If” philosophy to life.
- Participate in developing mobile app automation scripts.
- Assisting with ongoing development of a mobile QA automation framework to improve continuous integration including automation of smoke, integration, and regression tests.
- Assist with adoption of QA automation tools and processes including training and documentation of their use.
- Perform manual functional, integration, and regression testing of mobile applications.
- Develop QA dashboards to guide process quality improvements and assess project quality.
- Actively involved in all stages of the SDLC including creation of test automation, detailed test plans, test cases, and test scenarios.
- Implement performance, stress, and security testing of the Evite API.
- Participate in daily SCRUM stand ups as part of product development.
- At least 5 years of QA automation experience for commercial mobile applications.
- Experience in the setup and use of app automation testing (Espresso, XCUITest, Jenkins), and Performance Testing tools.
- Experience with mobile application testing, both manual and automated testing.
- Knowledge of RESTFUL APIs, relational & non-relational DBs (i.e. Postgres/MySQL).
- Ability to write code (Swift and/or Kotlin preferred) to test APIs or other system components as appropriate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to expand your skill sets and learn new technologies.
- Proficient working with a Unix/Linux operating system.
- BA/BS (Computer Science preferred), or equivalent experience.
Note: Evite will NOT provide relocation assistance or H1B visa sponsorship for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Evite, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.